question

vedmak02 avatar image
0 Likes"
vedmak02 asked

aspectFilter min max values(json)

Is there a way to set minimum and maximum value on aspect filter(json)? If there's one value the its easy: aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Make aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName=Toyota If multiple(but not that much) aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Year aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName=1995|1996|1997 But if I have a mileage search - it can be lets say from 20000 to 50000? The only hint that I found was here - http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/building-blocks/eBB_RefineSearch_aspectFilter.pdf But when I try to set this way: aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Mileage aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName=10000+to+20000 or outputSelector=AspectHistogram aspectFilter(0).aspectName=Mileage aspectFilter(0).aspectValueName=10000+to+20000 it returns 0 search result Would be glad for any help
aspectfilter
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Aspects ranges like "14.0 to 15.9 MP" are specific values not settable ranges. It's like the difference between a drop down list and having entry fields for min-max. So you can't just make up values and pass them to the API, you have to choose from what's available. Another approach is to use keywords and cover the likely values (14.2mp,14.1mp)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vedmak02 avatar image
0 Likes"
vedmak02 answered
So there's no way to make a search by Milleage? because there's too big range between min and max?

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You missed the point. Aspect filters are not range search parameters, they are fixed values that may represent a fixed range. Min and max options are not available and you can't just make up aspects. Maybe think of it like a age group on a form you fill out somewhere where it asks you to select your age group (1-20, 20-30, 30-40, 50+). It isn't asking you to enter a min/max, it's asking you to select a specific range from a prepared list. If the aspect exists, you can select it. Likewise is an aspect for mileage exists you can select it. I'm not aware of a direct method to search mileage by min/max. The mileage info is available thru ItemSpecifics. The Finding API does not support ItemSpecifics in the response, but you can do a two step process to get the ItemSpecifics and then filter the results based on the Mileage ItemSpecific (if available). Do a Finding search to get item numbers then use GetMultipleItems to get the ItemSpecifics. Then filter out the items you don't want. Another approach would be to use an eBay site search with the max mileage selected, then copy the URL and fetch that, then scrape the item numbers from the result page with a regex. The way they implemented mileage there would still require you to filter for minimum yourself since it only allows selection of max.

vedmak02 avatar image
0 Likes"
vedmak02 answered
yeah, Ive managed to get some sort of filter by using FindItemAdvanced and GetMultipleItems afterwards, but now I have a question about BusinessSellerDetails - in documentations it said "Returns the seller's business information. Set the SellerBusinessCodeType to 'Commercial' in the request to return the related information. This is only applicable for sites where Business Seller options are supported. " How to enable this option? I have a this request and no BusinessSellerDetails in responce url=" http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping? callname=GetMultipleItems&SellerBusinessCodeType=Commercial&responseencoding=JSON&IncludeSelector=Details,ItemSpecifics&appid=myAppId&siteid=0&version=525&ItemID="+str;

0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.