question

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord asked

Why is there a max limit on paginationInput pageNumber when using findCompletedItems?

It appears that max value for the paginationInput pageNumber in findCompletedItems is 100. If they are limiting the number max number of items shown per page, also 100, why limit the number of pages that can be paginated through, too?
findcompleteditemspaginationinput
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
That limitation is standard for most/all Finding API calls. I would imagine that the thinking behind that is - why would an end-user need to browse through more than 100x100=10,000 items at once? If they're that much of a power user, they should probably be more specific in their search query. Also, there's likely something of a server/system/DB expense in doing those queries, so a line had to be drawn somewhere in how far out (number of pages/results) can be obtained, hence the round 100x100 figure. Moreover, many API calls, such as the Finding API calls, aren't really meant for the mass download of data from eBay, such as for analysis/statistics/archival or long-term use. Those things might possibly be against the API license as well. May I ask why you feel 10K items is too constrictive?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

fastaccord avatar image
0 Likes"
fastaccord answered
I love to analyze some trends in a few specific eBay categories. Some of these categories have upwards of 30000 sales per day. I wanted to get some trends around total BIN/BO, BIN, and true auction sales per day and break that down for hour ranges and days so that I could do some research around if there was potentially a better time to sell a certain way on the site.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.