question

grupposanmarco avatar image
0 Likes"
grupposanmarco asked ·

EAN and ReviseItem

Hi all, I'm new on eBay Trading API and I'm looking for a way to Revise my listings in order to add EAN code to Items. I found the ReviseItem API call. I've only one question: In multivariant listing, where customers have a select box to choose the variant of an item they're interested in, is it possible to revise EAN code for each variant? Or it's only possible to add EAN to the generic item? I know that starting from Jaunary, EAN/UPC will be mandatory for some categories, but I didn't undestand if it will be mandatory for every single variant of an item or for the generic item. Thanks a lot in advance. Endrio
trading apireviseitemean
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

grupposanmarco avatar image
0 Likes"
grupposanmarco answered ·
Ok, Thank you so much. Just to be sure i've understood. Starting Jan 2016 the mandatory field is GTIN at Item level. So - on single variant (single sku) listing I've to add the GTIN at item level - on multi-variant (multi-sku) listing I've to add the GTIN at item level and I "can" add the EAN code at variant level. But this one (EAN at variant level) will be mandatory or optional? Thank you again ,Ok, thank you so much for Help!!! Just to be sure about what I understood: The mandatory element, starting from Jaunary 2016, will be the GTIN at Item level...so: - In simple listing (single SKU) I've to specify the GTIN at Item level - In Multi-Variant Listing (multi-SKU) I've to specify the GTIN at Item level and I "CAN" specify the EAN at variation level. But the EAN on variations is mandatory too or is optional? Thank you again
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, For the Item Level, it is already mandatory for certain categories. For MSKU ( Variations), it will be live in Jan 2016. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 · ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Yes, Starting Jan 2016, for some categories MSKU items will also have add the GTIN (UPC/EAN/ISBN) Data at the Variation Level. As of today, there are categories where single SKU listings have to specify GTIN data at the Item level. And you can specify the EAN values at the Variation level using the VariationProductListingDetail container: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/ReviseFixedPriceItem.html#Request.Item.Variations.Variation.VariationProductListingDetails. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.