question

prestigeclearinghouse avatar image
1 Like"
prestigeclearinghouse asked ·

Post Order API : File Upload not working

I cannot upload a shipping label: The string I'm posting is as follows (data truncated): {"fileName":"returnLabel.JPEG","filePurpose":"LABEL_RELATED","data":["/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAgAAAQABAAD..."]} I know the encoding is good, because our Customer Service portal displays the labels using the exact same base64 string encoding but keep getting 400s returned. I'm also confused by the example, it shows: POST https://api.ebay.com/post-order/v2/return/5000124931/file/upload { "fileName" : "5000124931_shippinglabel.jpeg", "data" : "SGVyZSBpcyB5b3VyIHJld...YWNraW5nIG51bWJlciBpcyAxMjM0NTY3ODk4NzY1", "filePurpose" : "LABEL_RELATED" } Notably, the data field is not an array. I have tried this way too and have ran into "INVALID_INPUT" Ebay error 1616. I'm really not sure what black magic is needed, this should be pretty straight forward.
post order apireturnsfile uploadreturn labe
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tsvetanbelchev avatar image
0 Likes"
tsvetanbelchev answered ·
Hello, Has anybody found the solution ? I am also becoming the same errors and this is unacceptable..

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sutha.rahu avatar image
0 Likes"
sutha.rahu answered ·
Hi prestigeclearinghouse I am also getting the same problem what you suffered. Example show without array and main syntax show with array. I am trying both with and without array it give different error. With array 400 Bad request error show Without array 1616 error show

office-and-home1 avatar image
0 Likes"
office-and-home1 answered ·
Hey, the documentation says you should send the data as an array. I tried that but got a different error: Can not deserialize instance of byte out of VALUE_STRING token at [Source: org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteInputStream@40b6e9a8; line: 1, column: 11] (through reference chain: com.ebay.marketplace.returns.v3.services.request.UploadFileRequest["data"]) Tell me if you have any luck

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.