question

sarbnt avatar image
0 Likes"
sarbnt asked

How to search eBay API Completed Listings and Sold Listings with search box

I am trying print eBay's API `CompletedItems` to compare sold listings and Completed listings on my website. I am having trouble as I am a beginner with javascript. I want to be able to type the keywords into a search box and then have that run the search and evaluate the listings. I am running 2 calls to the API. One for all the completed listings for the keyword, and the other for all the sold listings. In the third div i want to have a percentage of listings that have sold using those keywords. I understand the keyword it is searching for is `keywords=nerf%20Longstrike` in
completed-listingssold-listings-completed-l
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You need to process the form and modify the request URLs. You should be doing most of the work server side and not embedding everything in the client code. Typically you would submit the form data to PHP or some other server side script, process on the server and send the results back to the client. Also read the terms and API guidelines. There are limits on the completed items call. And the terms restrict what you display to users regarding statistics about eBay sell thru.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.