question

igannos avatar image
0 Likes"
igannos asked ·

Mobile Version of Sign-In - Partially Working

Hello, I am currently developing an App for iOS and Android that makes use of eBay API. I have noticed that once constructing the Sign-In URL (in order for user to login and get ebay token), the Sign-In page is not the same on every device. On **iPhone 5**, I get the mobile version of Sign-In, **which is the one I want**, whilst on Nexus 4 and iPhone 6 I get the desktop one. Is this some kind of a bug? And is there a way to send the request so as to return always the mobile site. I am attaching snapshots from the 3 devices, iPhone 5, nexus 4 and iPhone 6 respectively. ![alt text][1] Regards, Johny [1]: /storage/temp/765-mobiles.png
bugmobile-appsign in formios
mobiles.png (135.2 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
drshock avatar image
0 Likes"
drshock answered ·
@igannos I have noted this behavior across even the same model iPhones (I am only supporting iOS). I believe its due to some eBay servers having newer code and others still not updated yet and presenting the older non-responsive implementation. If you signin multiple times from the same device, you will get the "correct" responsive design maybe 3 out of every 4 tries or so. At least this is a big improvement, when I started the project back in May you never saw this responsive signin page so it's something new.
· 2 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Well i agree, but this would be a drawback for the app. Can you sugggest a way of bypassing it? I was looking for a way to login through ebay API and not have to redirect users to ebay login screen at all. It seems that this can't be the case as API does not support such functionality and ebayAuth always needs to be done through web link.
0 Likes 0 · ·
@igannos There is no alternative to the web auth token approach with the eBay API. After awhile though I decided it was just not that big a deal. Your app user is only going to see it maybe once a year unless they do a revoke of the token. Put it in an embedded WebKit view controller too or Apple WILL reject the app for reason poor user experience. They are no longer allowing native apps to jump out to a web browser for auth flows. You can google "google+ apple reject" to learn more about this.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.