question

angelsixuk avatar image
0 Likes"
angelsixuk asked ·

eBay C# - GetOrders is missing 100s of orders a day, never returns them!

Ok I've been using the GetOrders call for months no problem. Last month I started noticing it was missing orders and never returning them in the calls, so I was left after a month with 40 or so orders that were never sent before the API never told me about them.

Now it has gotten much worse. This week every day it has (and still is) refusing to tell me about a lot of orders that are there. Today it has missed 101 out for 440 orders. That is very bad!

I have wasted an hour looking around the internet and eBay to find a way to get in touch with eBay about this as it is clearly a bug at there end. The GetOrders is pretty simple, pass it your credentials, to and from date and it returns the transactions. I go through all dates (last 30 days) every search to pull in all records with all data returned (also tried just returning header info). No calls fail, all info is returned, and what is returned is not all of the orders, it is missing a hell of a lot. They still sit there in eBay (website) now when I look, and something bought yesterday and paid yesterday for example, with order number 27011 is totally missed. It returns orders before and after it, and never returns anything to do with this order. It does this for many orders.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any idea how to fix it (perhaps another call I can "ask" for a order info from a specific sales manager number).

At the moment I am left wasting one of my guys days spending 5 hours a day manually printing those missing orders through the eBay website!

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Could it be that the page size is too big to fit in a single response and your program is ignoring the "HasMoreOrders" parameter?

Just a thought.

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
angelsixuk avatar image
0 Likes"
angelsixuk answered ·

Yes that was it. I figured it out just before reading this, there was no documentation at all on how to use the call, or pagination or anything else really but I figured it out through trial and error. The API really needs better documentation!

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.