question

copydon_de avatar image
0 Likes"
copydon_de asked ·

need to get item number, SKU and stock for 500k - 1m active items - daily

Hi, I've got an account with > 500k active items listed. Items have been listed using FileExchange. For ebay doesn't allow any updates on items based on SKU I need all item numbers for being able to keep items up to date. I've found a fitting download I was able to request manually - for active items - all items - that since recently seems to finally contain SKUs as well along item numbers. Now there's still the issue that neither can it be scheduled to be generated on a daily basis nor can it be requested via API. Did I miss any documentation on this issue - or how is this supposed to work? For now I've been fetching all data I need on a daily basis via the API with the max page size of 200. It's a very persistent way to do so - taking up to 16-20h now and it's unstable and unreliable. Sadly I've never found any other way to do this. The mentioned report would fit perfectly if I somehow could get programmatic access. Thanks
file exchangereportdownloadfilereportsdownloadfile request
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
easyautoparts-de avatar image
0 Likes"
easyautoparts-de answered ·
I reseaching this about a year ago, but decided to use the api, becaurse of the easier access. In my experince FileExhange also have some flaws; as dowloading empty documents when there is products on ebay. What do you mean: max page size 200 on the api? When i thaught of this i found some ancient help from 2009, i haven't tried it, so i dont now if it still working, but this should help you if its still valid: http://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-File-Exchange/Programmatic-Uploads-and-Downloads-A-guide-for-beginners/td-p/1469987
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.