question

stylmoto avatar image
0 Likes"
stylmoto asked

Excel Limit

Hi, I have an account with which regularly sell on ebay accessories and auto parts and motorcycles. For the sale of products in bulk, using exchange files and do the same to edit my ads, downloading the files with my active item and modifying it with Excel. Currently I have around 400,000 listings and I had a question: how can I use the file with my active item when I get to more than 1 million listings as Excel can not work a greater number of rows? I see sellers with 5 million ads and wonder how I can I do to use your tools in the future. Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.
excel
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
easyautoparts-de avatar image
0 Likes"
easyautoparts-de answered
When you download your data using File Exchange, they come as a 'Comma seperated value' file (.csv), not .xls (Excel). Therefor if you ever exceeds the limit in Excel, simply open the file with Notepad++ or something similar. Altough with these amounts of items, its not practical to do any manuel work. When its time to upload, there should be no problem with upload of an csv file with 5 millions rows, as long as the file size isn't larger than 15 mb. If it is, simply split your uploadfile into several files. I used this system when i had about 20k items, but there was to much manual work, i then connected with the API using .NET instead, altough it takes long time, it doesn't requier any supervision
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.