question

drshock avatar image
1 Like"
drshock asked

How the daily API Call Limit works

I was looking for some clarification on how this limit works and whether it would work well enough for a beta program of a new app. Is this 5000 per day per user of the app (i.e., eBay account), or 5000 per day per developer id (i.e., author of the apps account)? Or something else like 5000 per day per IP address or some such? Thanks,
api limit
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
1 Like"
helios825 answered
I'm pretty sure the 5K/day is per developer/AppID. I think early on it was also per IP, but I seem to recall them removing that factor a few years ago. What I'm not sure about is if it's also per API family. You MIGHT be given 5K/day in each of the families -- Trading, Finding, Shopping, etc. -- but I'm not sure if that's true. There's no API call reporting outside of the Trading API, AFAIK, so I don't think we can really confirm it from the outside, aside from brute force testing.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered
hi, Yes, 5 K for each of the Products: Finding, Trading, Shopping etc. Cheers!!!

OK, so 5K per API family, and that is per developer Application ID. So for a given app using two API products, that would be 10K per day combined.
0 Likes 0 ·
yes, that's right. If an APP is using Finding and Trading , that APPID will get 5k for each of them Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.