question

gianni_asd avatar image
0 Likes"
gianni_asd asked

GetOrders: retrieving phone number from shipping address

Hi,

I retrieve the list of my orders with GetOrders, but from some countries I'm not able to see the phone number (API returns "invalid Request" string instead).

I've found in docs that GetOrders "may return a value of "Invalid Request" if you are not authorized to see the user's phone number" (cit. http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetOrders.html) but can't find why and if there's a way to retrieve that information. From the web interface I can see it, so I think I may have the authorization to retrieve it with APIs too...

Hoping in a solution...

Thanks in advance.

Gain

shipping-detailscontact-detailsinvalid-requstphonephone-number
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jourbandts avatar image
0 Likes"
jourbandts answered

Hi,

The phone number (shipping address phone number) will only show up if the buyer entered in during the checkout flow and if you are using the correct seller eBayAuthToken that has the transactional relationship with the buyer.  Here is an article with more information:

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1141

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

velofox_uk avatar image
0 Likes"
velofox_uk answered
I have this issue too - I've noticed that the phone number is either empty or some kind of error message in the field whenever the user has a + at the front (e.g. +44 123 1231 123). It happens on some international sales and domestic click and collect sales.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.