question

eadonix56bay avatar image
0 Likes"
eadonix56bay asked ·

Find Category Values in eBay Motors

How do I find the Category Values for categories in eBay Motors? Whenever I call 'GetCategoryFeatures' with the tags: SOME_CATEGORY_IN_eBAY_MOTORS ReturnAll ConditionEnabled ConditionValues I always get the response Disabled However, if I go to the main eBay Website and try to create a listing in the same category, it requires that I enter a Category and CategoryDetails. Please Help!
trading-apicategoryebay motorsgetcategoryfeaturescondition
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

In addition, whenever I try to call 'VerifyAddItem,' I get the following error: Error, Code: 107, Category is not valid. The category is not valid, select another category. This occurs after calling 'GetCategories' and retrieving the current category ID. When I try to create a listing in the main eBay Website, it displays the same category ID that the API claimed to be 'not valid.' I'm not sure if this is relevant to the original question.
0 Likes 0 · ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi eadonix56bay, I made a call to the GetCategoryFeatures for the category: 26456 and get the below response for the condition. The condition is diabled at the site level for this category but present at the category level which overrides the value at the site level. It also gives the values that can be sent for the category. 26456 Required 1000 New 1500 New other (see details) 2500 Remanufactured 3000 Used 7000 For parts or not working http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/help/sell/contextual/condition_8.html Here is the request that I sent: TOKEN 26456 ReturnAll true ConditionValues ConditionEnabled

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, You can only list in in Leaf Categories. You can find the Categories that You can list in by making the GetCategories APi Call and check for the tag LeafCategory : http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetCategories.html#Response.CategoryArray.Category.LeafCategory against the category you are interested in. If the LeafCategory is set to true, then you can list in that category. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have further questions. Cheers!!!
· 2 · Share

Sorry for the late response... It appears we're at a misunderstanding, let me put it in an example: Calling GetCategories, I choose the category 26456, under eBay Motors > Parts & Accessories > Boat Parts > Propellers. LeafCategory is set to true for this category. Now when I call GetCategoryFeatures, I'm still getting ConditionEnabled to Disabled and nothing on ConditionValues. When I try to sell something on the main eBay website (not my application), using the same category, I get the Conditions: "New" "New other (See Details)" "Remanufactured" "Used" and "For parts or not working"
0 Likes 0 · ·
Make sure that you using 100 (eBay Motors) as the site id. Using site 0 (eBay US) in the request can produce the wrong results.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.