question

clivest avatar image
0 Likes"
clivest asked ·

Simple XML feed

I am completely new to the world of APIs and it all seems extremely complicated. I need to get an XML feed for selected products. I tried the rss feed generator but didn't give me separate xml tags for all elements (description and price and images were all bundled together) I just need a simple xml feed for a selection of keywords where the description, title, affiliate id, product ID, images and price are all in individual xml tags. It doesn't seem too much to ask, other affiliate networks offer this... and this is Ebay! I would have thought they would have a simple form based interface that allows you to set the parameters and it spits out your xml url. Does this not exist? If not how do I create a feed using the API? If anyone could point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful. I am building a site and I want to display products in a Wordpress Woocommerce theme that will click through to product on ebay with my affiliate id attached. Any ideas.
apixmlaffiliate-ebaywordpressfeeds
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I managed to put together this feed url http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?version=713≈pid=CliveSte-0325-4be5-a4f1-e2da345d3011&callname=FindPopularItems&QueryKeywords=nikon%20dslr%20cameraℜsponseEncodingType=XML The problem is it is limited to only 20 products, there is only 1 tiny image/thumbnail and there is no description. How do I : increase number of records returned, get the description included and also larger, multiple images? Thanks Clive
0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Hey there, clivest. Yes, the eBay API platform is pretty darned extensive, and can be kinda daunting. You can probably get all you need from the [findItemsByKeywords][1] call in the Finding API family. (BTW, the call you mentioned in your example is set to be removed soon from the API platform, so best not to start development efforts with it now.) Here, I've built a URL that would seem to address all of your needs: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.12.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=__________&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=Mickey%20Mouse&outputSelector=GalleryInfo&descriptionSearch=FALSE&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&paginationInput.pageNumber=1⁡filiate.networkId=9⁡filiate.geoTargeting=0⁡filiate.trackingId=5335000000⁡filiate.customId=YourTrackingCodeHere You'll need to insert your &SECURITY-APPNAME= (AppID), and replace the value of ⁡filiate.trackingId= with your ePN CampaignID (currently set as 5335000000). Also, this call defaults to eBay US with 100 results returned and "Mickey Mouse" as the example keyword string. I added the GalleryInfo param to retrieve some photos, but there are some other params available too, for more picture options. Give it a whirl and see if it suits your needs. (Also, in the future be sure to mask out your API AppID on the forums since that's a private credential.) [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/finding/CallRef/findItemsByKeywords.html
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.