question

roadlessgear avatar image
0 Likes"
roadlessgear asked ·

Can I update a custom order status?

I have an app that must track a custom status of the orders. As the order proceeds through our organization - there are different status updates that we would like to attach to the order. So that our employees can look at the eBay orders (using our app) and know the current status within our organization. Is there any data item within the eBay Order that I can use to attach custom data to? NOTE: The actual eBay Order will remain active on eBay throughout the day. Our app will update some data field on the Order to show changes in within our company. Until finally the order will ship - and we will complete the Order. So really I just need ANY data item attached to the Order that I can modify and save while still keeping the eBay Order in an Active state. Some custom data field. Or rarely used field that I can task for my own meaning.
orderorder statusstatus
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

roadlessgear avatar image
0 Likes"
roadlessgear answered ·
Is there any data item on an order that I (the seller) can change via the SDK without closing the order? Anything at all? Customer name? Customer address? Anything? I just need a way to programatically flag an order for follow up. For example, if I can edit the customer name then I could add an "'*" at the beginning as a flag to myself. And then my custom software could identify these orders by examining the customer name. Or some other field. I have not been able to make ANY changes to the data in an order except to complete the order.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi roadlessgear, I am sorry but I am not sure I understand your question. However; the status of an eBay Order can be changed by the seller or buyer's action ( buyer pay the order for example). Best Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.