question

roadlessgear avatar image
0 Likes"
roadlessgear asked

how to update OrderStatus

My requirement: I have an app that manages orders from eBay. Orders in my app are flagged as either "NEW" (new order that just came in), "PROCESSING" (order has begun processing/boxing but not yet shipped), "COMPLETE" (order has been shipped and is done) I assumed using the "OrderStatus" field of the Order was what I needed. Certainly this enumeration has "Active" (my "NEW"), "InProcess" (my "PROCESSING") and "Completed" (my "COMPLETE") The default OrderStatus for all new orders is "Active". Calling the CompleteSale API will change it to "Complete" for me. But I cannot find any way to change this to OrderStatusCodeType.InProcess How does one just edit an order and change the value of OrderStatus without completing the order?
order
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi So, unless the OrderStatus is Completed, the order is not ready for shipment. This is how you should check in GetOrders : 1. If the paymentmethod is PayPal, OrderStatus=Completed, CheckoutStatus=Complete you can add additional check for MonetaryDetails node too. If the OrderStatus is Active, it means either the buyer hasn't completed checkout which means payment has not been made, or there has been a refund which would change the status from Completed To Active again. 2. For any non-PayPal payment, if the buyer has completed checkout, the OrderStatus would change to Completed, but not necessarily the payment would have been made, so it is seller's responsibility to go and mark the transaction as Paid, which can be done either via MyeBay, or through CompleteSale api. Once this is done, Getorders would return in the response, which should be check to determine if the payment has been made for the transaction or not. If the payment has been made, you can ship the item. Hope that helps! Thanks
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.