question

easyautoparts-de avatar image
0 Likes"
easyautoparts-de asked

Price change when upload?

Hi. I'm lost on this issue, and I wonder if anyone know what is going on before i contact Ebay more directly. About a year ago we started using Ebay as a seller platform with succes, we had about 100.000 products (car parts), and it all went well.. But suddenly we got an order on a motor to 13£!!!.. It was worth thousands of Euroes, and was indeed priced correct in our database, but not on Ebay.. Thinking it was an error with our own code we took it all down, and analyzed the code a bit, went on holiday etc.. Now we'll try again, we have made som small changes, but havn't been able to locate that huge faliure in the code. We also added a database log, so we could see which products was on Ebay and to which price, well we then pushed to 'Go' butten, but some other errors stopped us from uploading all of our products. Around 16.000 was uploaded, and only a couple of days later the first price-mismatch was detected, and when i see our log it makes no sense.. Take a look of the 3 products which was sold in that time we had our products on Ebay: **Product a: (131594611090) EUR 134,00** **Product b: (131594613084) EUR 122,00** **Product c: (141762165480) EUR 49,00** However our log is saying this is the correct price: **Product a: 131594611090 244 EUR** **Product b: 131594613084 357 EUR** **Product c: 141762165480 49 EUR** It is indeed the log prices which is correct, we lost almost 350£ on 3 orders. There doens't seem to be a pattern in the pricedrops. And when the price of product c is spot on, i have no idea whats wrong.. It's the same line of code i use to get the price for ebay and the log so it should be send to Ebay correctly My code: ItemType item = new ItemType(); item.StartPrice = new AmountType(); //Here i set the product price item.StartPrice.Value = Convert.ToDouble(products[i].getEURPrice()); item.StartPrice.currencyID = CurrencyCodeType.EUR; item.Currency = CurrencyCodeType.EUR; item.Site = SiteCodeType.Germany; item.Country = CountryCodeType.DK; item.ListingDuration = "GTC" ; item.Quantity = 1; item.Location = "Denmark"; item.ListingType = ListingTypeCodeType.FixedPriceItem; GetUserCall user = new GetUserCall(); GetAccountRequestType acc = new GetAccountRequestType(); SellerProfilesType sellerProfile = new SellerProfilesType(); item.SellerProfiles = sellerProfile; SellerPaymentProfileType sellerPayProfile = new SellerPaymentProfileType(); sellerPayProfile.PaymentProfileName = "Zahlungsbedingungen 22182573"; item.SellerProfiles.SellerPaymentProfile = sellerPayProfile; SellerReturnProfileType sellerRetProfile = new SellerReturnProfileType(); sellerRetProfile.ReturnProfileName = "Rücknahmebedingungen 13533836"; item.SellerProfiles.SellerReturnProfile = sellerRetProfile; SellerShippingProfileType sellershipProfile = new SellerShippingProfileType(); sellershipProfile.ShippingProfileName = productsToAdd[i].getShippingProfileName(); item.SellerProfiles.SellerShippingProfile = sellershipProfile; item.Title = productsToAdd[i].generateEbayTitel(); item.Description = productsToAdd[i].generateDecription(); string temp = productsToAdd[i].getShippingProfileName(); item.SellerProfiles.SellerShippingProfile.ShippingProfileName = productsToAdd[i].getShippingProfileName(); CategoryType category = new CategoryType(); category.CategoryID = productsToAdd[i].EbayKat; item.PrimaryCategory = category; item.ConditionID = int.Parse(productsToAdd[i].generateConditionID()); item.PictureDetails = new PictureDetailsType(); item.PictureDetails.PictureURL = new StringCollection(); for (int j = 0; productsToAdd[i].PicList.Count > j; j++) { item.PictureDetails.PictureURL.Add(productsToAdd[i].PicList[j]); } itemTypesToEbay.Add(item); try { AddItemCall a = new AddItemCall(GetApiContext()); FeeTypeCollection f = a.AddItem(item); //Here i store the data StoreEbayProduct(item.ItemID + "," + productsToAdd[i].KortNr+","+ Convert.ToDouble(productsToAdd[i].getEURPrice())); } catch (Exception e) { Console.WriteLine(e.Message); Console.WriteLine(e.StackTrace); log += e.Message; } Becaurse of the randomness in my end, I wonder if the error is on Ebays side. This error just seems so fatal that it shouldn't even be possible.. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
trading api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, Please open a support ticket with us at : http://developer.ebay.com/support/developersupport/default.aspx. I think this might need some investigation and we might need additional data. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
easyautoparts-de avatar image easyautoparts-de shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
Hi Thanks for reply, just to make sure, do i need to purchase support hours? Not to be that 'paint in the ass' client, but it just feels to be enough with the 250$ a month so we can upload unlimited products with no extra cost, and the additionally 10% Ebay takes after each sale, ort to be enough, expecially if the bug is at the Ebay end (which we ofcourse can say at the time). But am i right that Ebay also benefits from the support, as they get extra income from sales? I'm very interessted to get this to work, so i'll sure pay if there is no other way, I just want you to confirm it..
1 Like 1 ·
tdawgpharaoh avatar image
0 Likes"
tdawgpharaoh answered
Did you ever find a solution to this @easyautoparts-de ? We have a very similar problem. We sent a bunch of products, but randomly prices are changing. Usually to 95$ or thereabouts.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tdawgpharaoh avatar image
0 Likes"
tdawgpharaoh answered
@shrut_h did you find a solution to this?

Hi, Can you please file a support ticket with us ? We might need more data to investigate this issue. We wont charge you if the issue is at our end. Cheers!!
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.