question

marshall_edy313 avatar image
0 Likes"
marshall_edy313 asked

Ebay cateogry list

Hello everyone, I am working on a project and I would need a list of all ebay categories and their ID's for adding new listings with the API. Something like: Category name Category ID Books 279 Books > Cookbooks 27947 Books > Audio books 25654 Music 128 Music > CDs 15487 I searched all over and no luck. Can anyone help? Thanks!
category-ids
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
You'd kinda need to build that list yourself via the API. I'm not sure if there's a current list of all cats being maintained anywhere. Remember, the number of categories at eBay is in the 5-figures, and that's just for 1 eBay country-site. Each country-site has a different set of categories, although there are overlaps. Oh wait, I just remembered there's this old resource that was made for ePN publishers. I'm not sure if it's still maintained, but worth a look: http://www.cgmlab.com/ebay-category-tree-download/

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

marshall_edy313 avatar image
0 Likes"
marshall_edy313 answered
Thanks for the reply! I found that website in my searches but the link doesn't work :(

california90210 avatar image
0 Likes"
california90210 answered
I needed it too. I just checked out the link, it works.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.