question

sjsbuy avatar image
0 Likes"
sjsbuy asked

findCompletedItems returns UNSOLD items

findCompletedItems returns UNSOLD items although I set the filter to SOLD_ITEMS_ONLY. Any suggestions/comments are much appreciated.
findcompleteditems
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Can you provide a sample API call, so that we can see exactly what you are seeing?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

sjsbuy avatar image
0 Likes"
sjsbuy answered

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
That's a multiple qty listing with one sold.

hitekmart avatar image
0 Likes"
hitekmart answered
Hi @clickprime. Thank you very much for the explanation. I just confirmed with my user and it was as you mentioned. However, some other users described some strange behavior too. In listing 121748028378, the sold price is not $1900. This happened as the seller SENT an offer to my user and he accepted it. The accepted price was obviously not the asking price but it shows here (item 121748028378) that the price is $1900. Do you have any suggestion? Thank you much! http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findCompletedItems&SERVICE-NAME=FindingService&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=XXX...&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&REST-PAYLOAD&keywords=tesla%20k10&itemFilter%280%29.name=SoldItemsOnly&itemFilter%280%29.value=true

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
**the seller SENT an offer to my user and he accepted it. The accepted price was obviously not the asking price but it shows here (item 121748028378) that the price is $1900. Do you have any suggestion?** Displaying best offer prices has a tendency to run prices into the ground. This is especially a problem on multiple qty listings and repeat listings. Once a seller accepts an offer, if the price were shown on the sell page, as they used to do, buyers would expect all items sold after that to sell for the offer price or less. People take less than going rate for many reasons that don't apply to the value of an item. (damage, need for cash, volume purchase discount, etc.)

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.