question

shyonts avatar image
0 Likes"
shyonts asked ·

Is it possible to download the catalog description for an item?

For those listings that are for a "catalog" product, is there any call that will return the standard, catalog description of the product? I've tried the FindProducts call and some of the Get*Item calls, but can only obtain the seller's description. As far as I've been able to tell, that's all that's available. Does anyone know otherwise?
catalog description
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

clickimusprime avatar image
1 Like"
clickimusprime answered ·
Use findItemsAdvanced or GetMultipleItems to get the Product Reference ID (216180573) Then use FindProducts to look up the Reference ID details. DetailsURL give you the catalog URL which contains the catalog details formatted for display. You could parse that is need or use it as is.
· 2 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Just tried this. it works! Thank you.
0 Likes 0 · ·
Hello @clickprime But just to be clear, There isn't a way of getting them in Name/Value pair correct? (Just so that i don't waste my time looking for it) Thanks again.
0 Likes 0 · ·
tony.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
tony.developersupport answered ·
Hi shyonts, API returns only the seller's description. The catalog description is inserted in the view item page by eBay and it is not returned in API response. Regards, eBay Developer Support.
· 1 · Share

I have spent few days looking for a way to get Ebay pre-filled item information. For example on this listing, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-UN32J5003-32-Inch-1080p-LED-TV-2015-Model-Brand-New-/191599145562?hash=item2c9c32f25a:g:tj0AAOSw~OdVeGKn I wanted to get everything under Detailed item information tag and I couldn't get it through any API calls I tried. Finally found the answer here... Thank you & best regards, Ajit
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.