question

benbewat avatar image
0 Likes"
benbewat asked ·

Using findItemsInEbayStore call how can I specify a non store categoryl.

I need help finding the appropriate category ID for filtering results. If i use the _fsub ID which is in the store categories URL i get an error. If i use searchResult.item.primaryCategory.categoryId it gives me a category ID which works however, I can not get this ID using getStore as part of my sites navigation. Does anyone have any suggestions for what category ID i should use that will work with both getStore call and findItemInEbayStore call. I am using FindItemsIneBayStores.categoryId for filtering my results, Thanks.
trading apifinding-apistore
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered ·
The two category lists are not compatible. Store categories are arbitrary numbers and can refer to anything like sizes or colors or can be setup to match the same category organization (but not numbers) that eBay uses. Since items tend to follow category lines, you could build your own cross reference to associate the two and then translate between them. That can be simple or complex depending on how the store categories are defined. You could also get the store category (_fsub) page source with a script, and parse it to get the category-item relationships and then fetch the eBay category numbers from the items using GetMultipleItems in Shopping API to build a cross-reference dynamically. Used to be you could get the items via the store category page and RSS. But RSS was another regression missed/planned during the big conversion last year. If you can find an RSS feed for your store somewhere, that might make it easier.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.