question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser asked ·

How does eBay determine when tracking # was first submitted?

There's currently much outcry from sellers who religiously enter tracking numbers within 24 hours yet still show mysteriously disqualified transactions in the status window that pops up over the seller dashboard.

In Selling Manager (Pro), there's a line with 'Shipping label printed on x' that appears when labels are printed through PayPal/eBay. That line is absent when tracking information is entered manually via the website flow.

If I print a label after the carrier cutoff for the day, I'll enter the next business day for <ShippedTime>.

So, I have the following questions:

1) How does eBay determine when tracking information was first submitted? Surely you can't depend on <ShippedTime> because it can be spoofed by the seller.

2) Where does the above Selling Manager message come from? Printing a label via PayPal/eBay is not a Selling Manager function per se, so that date must come from the main eBay database.

3) Are there plans to expose the 'tracking first submitted' timestamp via the API?

4) Am I correct in my observation that it's currently impossible to mimic the seller dashboard performance report using the eBay API or any other eBay-supplied reporting tool (e.g. File Exchange)?

I realize that these questions may not be directly related to the API, but normal customer support wouldn't have a clue. :(

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

Hello exdwh,

You bring up good feature requests and none of what you mention is available via the API.  I've filed a feature request for the following:

1.  Make the Label printing time available via API if the label is printed using eBay / PayPal

2.  Return the listing and tracking report for shipping

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.