question

ifedotov1 avatar image
0 Likes"
ifedotov1 asked

half.com add to cart from my site

I would like to be able to add items to cart on Half.com bypassing listing page. Is that possible? I am using API to search for items so I have ItemID and available quantity. I would like to compile a list of things a user wants to buy on my site and checkout on half.com bypassing the listing page. Could be just URL redirect with [half.com_cart_url]?itemID=123&quantity=2 Or even better yet [half.com_cart_url]?item(0).ID=123&item(0).quantity=2&item(1).ID=123&item(1).quantity=2... etc
half.comcarthalfadd to cart
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

drshock avatar image
0 Likes"
drshock answered
@ifedotov1 No, there is no half.com API for this. The only way a half.com order can be placed is manually by the user. The half.com API list is very small compared to ebay.com and there is no parity between them.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ifedotov1 avatar image
0 Likes"
ifedotov1 answered
@drshock thank you for the answer. Just to clarify, i realize that there is no API way to do this, I was looking for a way to have "Add to cart" button on my site rather then on half.com site that the user would click and it would redirect user to half.com cart and populate it from what he/she selected on my site. Even better if I could redirect them with multiple items, so the user selects what they want to purchase from specialized search results that I get from half.com on my site.

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
You could replicate the Add to Cart button POST. That might not work with affiliate linking. Adapting the Add to Cart post to a GET: http://cart.half.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?HalfAddItemToCart&ap=additem&itemId=345271309540&pr=201612239

ifedotov1 avatar image
0 Likes"
ifedotov1 answered
@clickprime thank you for reply Actually just did what you suggested. And it works as far as I can tell. Do you know if "pr" is an affiliate id?

clickimusprime avatar image
0 Likes"
clickimusprime answered
Do you know if "pr" is an affiliate id? Seems to be half's product ID. It might not be necessary. The itemId would be the seller listing. You'd have to wrap that link in affiliate code using the the link generator custom url option. If you pursue this, realize that this interface could change and you'd have to adapt. You'll also have to verify that the affiliate link forwards correctly and counts the clicks. Behavior may also change based on the users' login state. If you pursue the multiple item cart idea, you should probably run it by EPN to get it approved since you are applying multiple items off a single click. But I'd expect it to be OK if everything is above board.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.