question

mountainfan3000 avatar image
0 Likes"
mountainfan3000 asked

Registration (for developer program) has bugs in it (password problems),Registration bug

1) I entered a 32 character password in to eBay and it failed. It contained symbols, numbers, letters, uppercase, lowercase etc. 2) eBay accepted the password and I was effectively signed in. 3) Sign out 4) Sign back in with the same password (using a password manager so definitely no typos before you ask) 5) FAIL! So somewhere there's a bug. This gives me zero confidence in eBay code. How has no-one noticed this before!? Anyway hopefully the team can get it fixed. After an hour I managed to get a password that worked although it's far less secure. So currently the system is forcing less secure passwords by accident. Not so good! Many thanks Mike,I can't register. I use a password manager. The registration process allows 32 characters to be entered. My password is accepted but when I re-log in it doesn't work. Please fix this bug. It doesn't give me any confidence in the rest of the code base if this simple step fails. Anyway not to moan too much but it's a bit irritating to fall at the first hurdle. Please fix. Thanks. Oh yeah so I submit a forum question and I get 'The form has errors'.... yeah... like... err... what errors! Feedback is always nice. This is not user friendly at all. I'd fire the person who designed this to be honest. Very poor coding. This is really making me angry now. I do the good thing to try and report a problem and even that is a hassle. Really guys you need to fire some people. Just terrible.
email
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
I've seen similar bugs in the eBay Dev login/registration system. I recently change my account pw, and it declined my attempts, until I inferred the proper format. I can't remember the exact details, but it was as if I needed to include certain specs, like 1 symbol and/or number and/or uppercase letter, before it let me proceed. And if I failed the format I got a generic error until I figured it out.
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.