question

jabadaba223 avatar image
0 Likes"
jabadaba223 asked

Wow this is overwhelming

I am not a programmer so i don;t know any languages. I really need automation for my business that is catered to my workflow and I was reading about the ebay API and it seemed easy to digest. However the more i read on it the more i sense it would take too much time and effort just to get the know how to create what i want. I am trying to take advantage of the API with automation software like automation anywhere and winautomation because there is no way i can create a program to utilize it like with .net or c# or java etc. I could hire someone to assemble something for me, but i have trust issues and I am concerned with continual support for updates to address future issues that are inevitable. I also don;t want to spend too much money especially if i am not guaranteed an effective program that delivers what i need. Also what i need is temporary and it might need an overhaul once I grow my business anyway where new workflows need to be introduced. I really want to implement automation and knowing how to do it myself will be ideal for the time being, but I just don't know if i should continue to try to learn how to utilize the API or just use the ebay.com website, which might be inferior way to assemble automation, but a lot easier to interact with. I just want any advice or hear from anyone that can chime in on how much time and devotion is necessary to use this API and if it is worth sticking to it to use in instead of the ebay website.
help
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
If you're not a programmer, it's generally probably not worth your time to learn the eBay API. Unless you were going to do some basic lookup type calls. Which you're not; it sounds like you're interested in something deeper. It's not clear what kind of automation you're seeking, or what kind of business you are in. Are you an eBay seller? It's entirely possible that someone's already created a third party solution for what you're seeking. Have you looked around yet for something like that?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

jabadaba223 avatar image
0 Likes"
jabadaba223 answered
Thanks for the reply. Yes i sell on ebay and I am tired of manual effort for account management when i know with the right code I can have an automated solution to reduce the manual labor to free up time. The first thing i did was lookup third party solutions, but there are too many cloud based solutions that charge too much per month that i don;t think are automated enough. I prefer a software solution that i can install on my computer and interact with offline when need be, Like the turbolister program for listing on ebay. I want as much automation as logically possible. For example I want a software that determines items from an inventory file that needs to be listed and automatically prepare the listing under my criteria, but not actually list them on ebay until i review them. When sales happen it automatically does the accounting and only requests that I provide shipping weight and dimensions then it automatically selects the economic shipping method and prints the postage. I just have not found an existing solution that does this close to how i would like it and all I know is that i can either make it myself, but use automation software like winautomation or ubot studio to name a few. So i can reduce the challenge since i am not a programmer, but I am realizing it is still too challenging with these kind of software. I can instead hire programmers to do it, but that probably will be too costly to ensure quality and reliability. I am open to any suggestions or thoughts.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Ah yes, I can see how seeking a desktop solution to your automation will limit your options, as many of the popular 3P tools are server/cloud based. If you haven't done so already, go to WebRetailer.com and look around their directory. If you still haven't found some good options to explore there, you can post in their forum. Or if you email the owner, Andy, he may get back to you with some ideas. He's been running the site for years, since back when it was focused on eBay auction tools.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.