question

franhuan6 avatar image
0 Likes"
franhuan6 asked ·

Which notification type shall I use to listen when an auction and fixed price item sold?

HI everyone, I'm building up an web-hook program which listens to my eBay webstore. I wanna received the information of Item and buyer when the item had been sold. I notice in the documentation, "ItemSold" notification can be applied when "FixedPrice" item has a sale. How about "Auction". When an auction item been sold, I actually received two message, one is "ItemSold" without buyer details and "EndOfAuction" which contains buyer details and buyer shipping details. So is there a notification that be triggered just by when an auction item be sold ? This notification can be uniquely identify the itemsold event at the same time include reasonable information for buyer. Thank you for any of your advise.
trading apinotificationsauctionnotifications-itemsold
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
1 Like"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi franhuan6, You are correct, the underlying payload type for ItemSold notification is GetItemResponse call while EndOfAuction notification is GetItemTransactionsResponse from which the buyer's information is returned. So you will need to use EndOfAuction in order to get buyer data for Auction items. I also suggest you to subscribe to FixedPriceTransaction Notification event that is sent to a subscribed seller each time a buyer purchases an item (or multiple items in the case of a multi-quantity listing) in a fixed-price listing. Best Regards,
· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi zhouwei, thanks for your reply. I found the ItemSold give me the right information, but it's doesn't contain the full payment details. Then I found I can use GetOrder to retrieve the orders information. In the GetOrder transaction container, there is a PaymentHold attribute when means bank, or payPal may hold the payment for some reason. At this point, we still not receive the payment. I can write a cron job to monitor payment for order has been released or not. But is there a notification can I subscribe to tell me when a payment has been released ? Best Regards,
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.