question

daj_1988 avatar image
0 Likes"
daj_1988 asked ·

Missing notifications after ending of multiple listings?

Hi,

I'm trying to sync my application with eBay, in that when Fixed Price Listings are manually ended, I take the necessary action in my application. When a listing is ended, I receive either an ItemSold or ItemUnsold notification (depending on the quantity sold).

However, if multiple listings are ended simultaneously (for example, I just tried ending four listings at once), the notifications I receive are seem somewhat random. Rather than receiving a notification for each listing that has ended, I receive (for the above example) two ItemUnsold notifications referring to just two of the listings.

Is there a reason I'm not getting notifications for every ended listing? If the notifications I am receiving are correct, what would be the preferred way to find out which other listings were ended?

Regards,

Dan

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

daj_1988 avatar image
0 Likes"
daj_1988 answered ·

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't seem to be having a problem receiving notifications when an item ends through being out of quantity or it reaching it's end time, it's just when multiple items are ended simultaneously. I'll try subscribing to ItemClosed though and see if it does provide a solution, and I'll post the results.

Cheers,

Dan

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

Hi Dan,

I believe you need to listen to ItemClosed as well to cover the case where you have a multi-quantity item with a sale and it ends because of the item reaching the end time with some more quantity left.

https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=2061

· 1 · Share

Hi,

I've given it a go subscribing to ItemClosed notifications and have found the results just as inconsistent. For example, after ending three listings (none have which had sold any quantity) via the eBay website, I received one ItemClosed and one ItemUnsold notification (for separate listings). Performing the same test again, I received two ItemClosed notifications (again, for separate listings).

From reading through the API documentation, it was my understanding that an ItemClosed event is triggered by every ItemSold, ItemUnsold and ItemWon event. However, the results I am getting don't seem to support that statement; could you tell me if I'm misunderstanding something?

In addition to the unpredictable ItemClosed event, the original problem is still there; I'm not getting a notification for every listing that is ended. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

Many Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.