question

eoutlet_uk avatar image
0 Likes"
eoutlet_uk asked

[Urgent] eBay API servers inconsistant SSL/TLS settings

Hello, We are noticing an issue when trying to access the ebay API, in our .NET application. The error is "The Request was aborted: Could not create Secure SSL/TLS channel". After checking the status of your servers on SSL labs, I find that at some of them don't support TLS 1.2. I believe this is the reason for the issue. See: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=api.ebay.com&s=66.135.211.101 ![alt text][1] Please can this be fixed, as these servers will be allowing for insecure communications. Thanks. -Dan. [1]: /storage/temp/702-ebayssl.png
trading api
ebayssl.png (25.3 KiB)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eoutlet_uk avatar image
0 Likes"
eoutlet_uk answered
@michaelsowa - Since I have RDP access to the server running our application, I just added a few IP addresses of the "good" servers to the windows hosts file, pointing them to api.ebay.com. Everything has been fine since. Fair warning however: if any of these servers are unavailable, you won't be able to contact the API (this hasn't happened to me since..... yet).

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

michaelsowa avatar image
0 Likes"
michaelsowa answered
Hey did you find a workaround for this by any chance?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.