question

jayespeaks avatar image
0 Likes"
jayespeaks asked

Does Finding API Work in Sandbox?

Does the Finding API work in Sandbox? I have attempted findItemsByKeywords and findItemsByCategory calls in Sandbox environment, and always get returned an empty searchResult. I need to use Sandbox for Finding to get a correlated ItemID to use against the Trading API.
sandbox-problemfinding api
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

·
vijayta.developersupport avatar image
1 Like"
vijayta.developersupport answered
Hi It should work, however since you may not find relevant data because sandbox is a test environment, I'd suggest you to directly make a call in production for finding api. Thanks
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I retried the Finding API against sandbox. I even created two test items using the addItem Trading API, I searched for those titles using the Finding API, and the API didn't return entries. My conclusion is that it doesn't work. Production for the Finding API works, however when someone is building an application with a complete lifecycle of API functionality, & he hasn't yet accomplished Certification, then having the Finding & Trading API work simultaneously in sandbox is a necessity to test the workflow of the app. Can you provide more help?
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.