question

coder221079 avatar image
0 Likes"
coder221079 asked

Platform notification when ending an item via eBay

I can't seem to find details of the platform notification that is sent when an eBay user ends a fixed price item via My eBay, can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks
trading apiplatform notifications
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Are you talking about the ItemClosed notification Payload? The payload returned in the ItemClosed notification is the GetItem response. You can check this knowledge base article that has the payload for all the notification types: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=1943 Cheers!!!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

coder221079 avatar image
0 Likes"
coder221079 answered
I thought ItemClosed would suit but it doesn't seem to fire when manually ending a listing via sandbox.ebay.com. I've successfully registered notification prefs (verified registered notifications with GetNotificationPreferences) and am receiving notifications for GetItem but not when the item is manually ended via Sandbox My eBay.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, If you end the item from the UI, why would you want a notification for it? You are ending the item, so you would know. There is a notification type : ItemClosedNotification which gets sent when the item ends with no sales, but again this is sent when the item ends naturally. Cheers!!!

rooski avatar image
0 Likes"
rooski answered
ive been looking to confirm this aswell , (as of now i cant recieve any item ended/closed notifications) but what would be called if i manually canceled an item. Its useful so my inventory manager will get a notification to set the item to canceled in my database rather than me having to record the ID's and do it manually.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.