question

from-eu avatar image
0 Likes"
from-eu asked ·

AuctionCheckoutComplete notifications from US site only (continued)

Hi, Having no answer in discussion "AuctionCheckoutComplete notifications from US site only" for almost a month, I've forced to ask it again, because my last findings there shows that there is some bug in eBay: "I've found another strange thing with 251852826934 item: I'm getting ListingType=FixedPriceItem for GetItem API call, but in FixedPriceTransaction notification message for this item the ListingType=StoresFixedPrice". "... the item 251852826934 (and actually all my items) has ListingType = FixedPriceItem. PS. It was created manually in ebay.de site about 2 years ago." https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/11933/auctioncheckoutcomplete-for-us.html BR
platform notificationsauctioncheckoutcomplete
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

from-eu avatar image
0 Likes"
from-eu answered ·
Hi, Thank you for your answer. The problem is more clear now. Regarding using of FixedPriceTransaction and AuctionCheckoutComplete notifications - I'm using both, but: The FixedPriceTransaction notification is just event that customer bought the item but not yet paid for it. He can pay within few hours, days, or even weeks. For seller this message just means reserve item in stock, probably update listing quantity and nothing more. But the AuctionCheckoutComplete notification is much more important for seller because it actually means - dispatch item as soon as possible to keep good account health. As I'm already receiving AuctionCheckoutComplete notification for such listings on ebay.com US site, I still think it's a problem to don't receive them from other eBay sites. BR
·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, This item was listed in a store and when you do that it in the UI, it automatically becomes a StoresFixedPrice Item. Although the GetItem returns it as a "FixedPriceItem", it is infact a 'StoresFixedPrice" listing. We suggest that you just use the FixedPriceTransaction notification instead of the AuctionCheckoutComplete. Is there a specific reason that you are relying on the AuctionCheckoutComplete notification payload? Please let us know. Cheer!!!
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.