question

devmai2 avatar image
0 Likes"
devmai2 asked ·

Service unavailable: Http Error Code 503

Dear developers, I am a developer currently using eBay API to develop my application. I am using eBay sandbox. Since yesterday I have been getting **Http Error code: 503** while making an API call to eBay. one of the API calls I made is **GeteBayDetailsCall.GeteBayDetails()** Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance
service unavailable503
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

b_slinger avatar image
0 Likes"
b_slinger answered ·
I've been getting the same thing, it's getting very frustrating as it's making it difficult to get my dev work done. On the plus side, it means I've improved my error handling and testing for when eBay is down! Are any representatives able to comment on when this might be back up?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

devmai2 avatar image
1 Like"
devmai2 answered ·
HI b, You might want to check this link to see the status of API. https://go.developer.ebay.com/api-status

b_slinger avatar image
2 Likes"
b_slinger answered ·
Ah, thanks - somehow none of my googling turned that page up. The eBay developer stuff is kind of a shambles.

ling_7926 avatar image
0 Likes"
ling_7926 answered ·
A [503 Service Unavailable][1] Error is an HTTP response status code indicating that your web server operates properly, but it can't temporarily handle the request at the moment. This error happen for a wide variety of reasons. Normally, this error can be due to a temporary overloading or maintenance being performed on the server and it is resolved after a period of time or once another thread has been released by web-server application. How to fix HTTP 503 errors - Reload (Refresh) the page - Restart Your Devices - Scan for Malware - Clear Temporary Files - Visiting the website later - Contact server admin [1]: http://net-informations.com/q/mis/503.html

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.