question

InactiveAutoUser avatar image
0 Likes"
InactiveAutoUser asked ·

Testing CompleteSale

I am trying to test the CompleteSale Trading API call, by setting the ShipmentTrackingNumber and ShippingCarrierUser fields. The call fails when I include the ShippingCarrierUsed parameter with the following message. "You have entered an incorrect shipment tracking number/carrier."

I am guessing the reason behind this is that the order I am trying to complete already has a tracking number associated with it. I am using the automated sandbox account 'external_api_seller'.

After reading the documentation of how to test CompleteSale (https://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/CompleteSale.html) it says I need at least two users. This is where the trouble starts. I can not login to the sandbox with a second user (or any user for that matter). 

I can not reset the sandbox user passwords, I can not login with any of my sandbox users. How can I properly setup my sandbox environment to test the CompleteSale API call?

Thank you,

Karl

ebay-trading-apiapi-getordersapi-completesale
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
rekha.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·

Hi Karl,

You may want to try clearing your cookies and see if that helps with logging in as a different user.  What others have found useful is to have multiple browsers e.g. use IE for logging in as the buyer and firefox for logging in as the seller.

If none of this works, you can try using PlaceOffer to purchase your items in Sandbox as the buyer and then make the CompleteSale call as the seller:
http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/PlaceOffer.html

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.