question

weis-wyat avatar image
0 Likes"
weis-wyat asked ·

Is GetOrders the api call I want? (Trading api)

I'm finding all the documentation and the mediocre quality of some of it a bit overwhelming since I am new to the ebay API and this is one of my first professional programming jobs so I figured I might as well ask since it's a simple quick question anyways. What I need to do is retrieve all orders that are ready to be shipped out and list the item, a picture of the item, and the address to ship to. If a customer bought multiple items then the user should easily know those items can all be put in one package/shipment. There is no sending information back to the ebay servers. It is simply a list of all the orders that need to be sent out so that the user has a simple way to see what needs to be done for the task of putting all the orders in packages to be mailed out. From what I can tell, GetOrders is all I need, but it's not clear to me if I'll be able to use that to somehow put orders to the same address together (I'll probably just list them all next to each other). I am also having trouble with testing GetOrders in the api test tool, I'm trying to follow the instructions for testing GetOrders listed here http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetOrders.html#TestingGetOrders I'm stuck on the 2nd step. I used AddFixedPricedItem to add the given macbook in the sample code as an item being sold. Then I created another test account to try and buy it with the PlaceOrder call, which I can't get working. Am I at least on the right track? This is a lot of effort to test an API call when I don't even know if its what I want! Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
trading apigetordersPHPplaceoffer
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

noppensteine_weingarten avatar image
0 Likes"
noppensteine_weingarten answered ·
Ok,i understand. Sometimes it's a lot of trial and error :)

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

weis-wyat avatar image
0 Likes"
weis-wyat answered ·
I'm afraid we decided the ebay API was so bad and unusable that the project we were doing wasn't worth it.

noppensteine_weingarten avatar image
0 Likes"
noppensteine_weingarten answered ·
I have the same problem. Have you solved it?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.