question

dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 asked

Getting Revise item error: Multiple values for Type

For the past few days I have been getting the error "Multiple Values for Type" when I submit a revise with item specifics in the Lenses (3323) category. I am passing through multiple values for type but I have been doing so for a long time. I checked GetCategorySpecifics for this category thru the API test tool and it shows that Type can have up to 30 values. Does anybody know why I am getting this error, suddenly?
item specifics
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi, Is it possible for your to paste the request xml that you are using without the credentials? I will take a look at it and assist you. Cheers!!!!!
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 answered
Here's the xml. Based on the error I think eBay is objecting to the itemSpecifics Type field (in bold) which has multiple values and posts okay in the sandbox but is getting an error in production. <ReviseItemRequest xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">
<RequesterCredentials><eBayAuthToken>LEFT OUT</eBayAuthToken> </RequesterCredentials>
<ErrorLanguage>en_US</ErrorLanguage>
<Item>
<AutoPay>true</AutoPay>
<CategoryMappingAllowed>true</CategoryMappingAllowed>
<ConditionID>1000</ConditionID>
<Country>US</Country>
<Currency>USD</Currency>
<Description>LEFT OUT</Description>
<DispatchTimeMax>1</DispatchTimeMax>
<GetItFast>True</GetItFast>
<ItemID>LEFT OUT</ItemID>
<GiftIcon>0</GiftIcon>
<HitCounter>NoHitCounter</HitCounter>
<ItemSpecifics>
<NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Focus Type]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[Auto & Manual]]></Value></NameValueList>
<NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Camera Type]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[SLR]]></Value></NameValueList>
<NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Camera Technology]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[Digital]]></Value></NameValueList>
**<NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Type]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[Zoom]]></Value><Value><![CDATA[Standard]]></Value><Value><![CDATA[Telephoto]]></Value></NameValueList>
** <NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Maximum Aperture]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[f/4.5]]></Value></NameValueList>
<NameValueList><Name><![CDATA[Brand]]></Name><Value><![CDATA[Sony]]></Value></NameValueList>
</ItemSpecifics>
<PaymentMethods>PayPal</PaymentMethods>
<PictureDetails>LEFT OUT</PictureDetails>
<PostalCode>11701</PostalCode>
<PrimaryCategory><CategoryID>3323</CategoryID></PrimaryCategory>
<ProductListingDetails> <UPC>027242845596</UPC>
<IncludeStockPhotoURL>false</IncludeStockPhotoURL>
<IncludePrefilledItemInformation>false</IncludePrefilledItemInformation>
<UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery>false</UseStockPhotoURLAsGallery>
<ListIfNoProduct>true</ListIfNoProduct>
</ProductListingDetails>
<PayPalEmailAddress>LEFT OUt</PayPalEmailAddress>
<PrivateListing>0</PrivateListing>
<ReservePrice currencyID="USD">0.00</ReservePrice>
<ReturnPolicy>
<Description>LEFT OUT</Description>
<ExtendedHolidayReturns>true</ExtendedHolidayReturns>
<ReturnsAcceptedOption><![CDATA[ReturnsAccepted]]></ReturnsAcceptedOption>
<RefundOption><![CDATA[MoneyBack]]></RefundOption>
<ReturnsWithinOption><![CDATA[Days_30]]></ReturnsWithinOption>
<ShippingCostPaidByOption><![CDATA[Buyer]]></ShippingCostPaidByOption>
</ReturnPolicy>
<ShippingDetails>LEFT OUT</ShippingDetails>
<ShipToLocations>Worldwide</ShipToLocations>
<SKU>XXXXX</SKU>
<StartPrice currencyID="USD">299.95</StartPrice>
<Storefront> <StoreCategoryID>2917695011</StoreCategoryID> </Storefront>
<ThirdPartyCheckout>false</ThirdPartyCheckout>
<Title><![CDATA[Sony Alpha 55-300mm DT SAM Zoom Lens for A37 A55 A57 A58 A65 A77 A560 Cameras]]></Title>
<UseTaxTable>true</UseTaxTable>
<IncludeRecommendations>true</IncludeRecommendations>
</Item>
<DeletedField>Item.BuyItNowPrice</DeletedField>
</ReviseItemRequest>
10 |600

dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 answered
I figured out why eBay is giving me this error but I think they are wrong. This is a lens whose title is: Sony Alpha 55-300mm DT SAM Zoom Lens for A37 A55 A57 A58 A65 A77 A560 Cameras In the response to the revise ebay tells me 1) warning: this is in the wrong category, we are changing the category and in fact it changes the category to CAMERAS from LENSES 2) error: multiple values for TYPE, because Camera item specifics only allow one value for type. Removing the word "Cameras" from the item Title does not help. I still get the error.
10 |600

Hi, The 2nd error is for specifying more values for ItemSpecifics when only one is allowed. To know the number of ItemSpecifics that you can specify for a given value, you need to make the GetCategorySpecifics API Call and check for the MaxValuesPerName: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/GetCategorySpecifics.html#Request.MaxValuesPerName tag in the response. Hope this helps. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
dellbell99 avatar image
0 Likes"
dellbell99 answered
I checked the UPC and it is also correct for Lens not Camera.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.