question

hartnollguitars1 avatar image
0 Likes"
hartnollguitars1 asked ·

Unable to add or revise item due to new ProductDetails requirements (EAN), despite adding them.

I have asked this question already in the Trading SDK Section, but had no response. I've noticed others asking similar questions here, so apologies for the repost, but clearly I need to resolve this or cannot list anything! Over the past few days I have realised that for many categories in which I sell, EANs are becoming required. I have been trying to update my eBay integration to take this into account, but have run into problems. Please note, I have read this Knowledgebase article: [ https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=5061][1] which has given me most of the information below, but the POST always results in failure. The additions to my code provide a workflow, and have problems as follows: I sell musical instruments and accessories, so let's take a typical example a product "Boss CS-3 Compression Pedal", here's a link to a seller listing it: [ http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231547986565][2] The EAN is **4957054012854** I want to list this in "**Musical Instruments > Guitars & Basses > Accessories > Effects Pedals**" Category ID for this is: **41410** So, as I understand it, the first thing I need to know is whether EAN is a requirement for this Category. So, using the eBay .NET SDK I run a post to `GetCategoryFeatures` requesting the following feature IDs: BrandMPNIdentifierEnabled, EANEnabled, UPCEnabled, ISBNIdentifierEnabled The response gives me, amongst other things: EANEnabled: Required, ISBNEnabled: Disabled, UPCEnabled: Disabled, BrandMPNIdentifierEnabled: False This indicates to me that the EAN is a required `ProductDetails` value to include in the `AddItem` post. So now I need to know if the EAN for this item exists in the eBay Catalogue, so I do a post to `findItemsByProduct` in the `FindingService`. I post to this URL: [ http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SECURITY-APPNAME=[MY-APP-ID]&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByProduct&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD∏uctId.@type=EAN∏uctId=4957054012854&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=1][3] The responses `ack` field is "Failure", which, from what I have gleaned from various internet posts tells me that the item is **not** found in the eBay Catalogue. Why? I don't know, as the listing example I give above shows the EAN in the Item Specifics fields... but anyway... So, armed with this information, I can find only the advice that I should replaced the EAN value with a value returned from a post to `GeteBayDetails`, the value being found as `ProductIdentifierUnavailableText` which, in my instance (for eBay UK) reads "Does not apply". Now, I build my item as usual and add the `ProductDetails` value as follows (in VB.net): Dim ProductDetails As New ProductListingDetailsType With { .EAN = "Does not apply" } I also note the requirement for an MPN and add that (it returned an error if not provided) When I list it, I get a `Failure` response with the following error: `No product found for ProductListingDetails. . ` If I take away the `ProductDetails` I get: `Required field, EAN, is missing. Please add EAN to the listing and retry`, so clearly, I do need to provide this information. **I get exactly the same problem trying to revise a listing.** I have tried adding the EAN in the `ItemSpecifics` object instead of `ProductDetails`, but that returns the "EAN Missing" error, and have tried alternating between including one, or the other, or both. So my questions are: **1:** Can someone please explain to me what I am doing wrong and how I go about rectifying it, because at the moment I cannot list, or revise items on eBay at all! **2:** Since most of my suppliers provide a UPC, not an EAN, am I to take it literally that the idetifier to be provided **MUST** be an EAN? Or can I provide the UPC field instead? [1]: https://ebaydts.com/eBayKBDetails?KBid=5061 [2]: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231547986565 [3]: http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?SECURITY-APPNAME=[MY-APP-ID]&OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByProduct&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-GB&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=JSON&REST-PAYLOAD∏uctId.@type=EAN∏uctId=4957054012854&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=1
additemadditem apieanitemspecificsproductdetails
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

mowandsnow avatar image
0 Likes"
mowandsnow answered ·
Or we are doing it wrong, i just got an idea after posting the above, I fixed by using the NAMEVALUELIST to each name/value ..BRAND.. & again ..MPN.. don't enclose both in the same namevaluelist.
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes, you are right, You need to specify it in . You need the item Specifics for both Brand and MPN. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 · ·
mowandsnow avatar image
0 Likes"
mowandsnow answered ·
i put in UPC, and it says No Brand specified, after trial and errors I put in the Brand in ItemSpecifics. It then tells me I have no MPN.. I add MPN, below Brand in ItemSpecifics and it tells me I have no Brand... So the error message is wrong, or there is a bug in processing ItemSpecifics.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered ·
@4yourhomeus If you look at two of the errors you will see that they are referring to missing item specifics. Required item specific, Brand, is missing. Required item specific, MPN, is missing. Adding the the missing required item specifics to the listing will resolve those errors. Brand Unbranded MPN Does Not Apply The message, Required field, UPC, is missing. Can be resolved by including the `UPC` field within the `ProductListingDetails` element. Does not apply Note that the `ListIfNoProduct` was [deprecated in the 925]( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/ReleaseNotes.html#925) release, and should no longer be used.

4yourhomeus avatar image
0 Likes"
4yourhomeus answered ·
***Request*** 921 US USD <html> <head> </head> <body> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="5">Microwave Turntable Glass Plate Designed to Fit Many Different Models</font><font size="5"> </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font size="5">&#160; </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <strong><font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="5"><b>Measures approx 10 5/8&quot; or 270mm</b></font></strong><b><font size="5"> </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font size="5">&#160; </font></b> </div> </div> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <font face="Arial" size="5"><b>New replacement glass turntable plate</b></font><b><font size="5"> </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font size="5">&#160; </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <font face="Arial" size="5"><b>Compatible brands include but are not limited to:</b></font><b><font size="5"> </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font size="5">&#160; </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <font face="Arial" size="5"><b>Sharp - Daewoo - Qualtex - Prestige - Russell hobbs - Swan - Kenwood - Hinari - Elba - JMB - Panasonic</b></font><b><font size="5"> </font></b> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <b><font size="5">&#160; </font></b> </div> </div> </div> <div align="center" style="white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; text-transform: none; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; letter-spacing: normal; text-indent: 0px"> <em><strong><font face="Arial" color="#0000ff" size="5"><b>This is a brand new replacement part designed to fit the above mentioned models, manufacturers names &amp; part numbers are used for reference purpose only, please check your application and if you have any questions please feel free to&#160;contact us! </b></font></strong></em> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> <p align="center"> <strong><em><font color="#ff0000" face="Arial" size="5"><b>Thanks for shopping 4 Your Home</b></font></em></strong> </p> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </div> </body> </html> 20-3600-03 GTC PayPal mXXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX 159903 true Does not apply Unbranded Does Not Apply USAMW51 ShippingMethodStandard 0.0 0.0 US 18.99 988e7e65856b4f98930abb767d3ca5c9 USAMW51 30XXX 20-3600-03 None http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDQ1MA==/z/i0kAAOSwMmBVw40T/$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007 http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NzM4WDEzODg=/z/Q4oAAOSwjVVVw40S/$_12.JPG?set_id=880000500F 1 MoneyBack Days_14 ReturnsAccepted Return accepted (Conditions apply) Buyer NoRestockingFee SKU 1000 A_GEN_TAX false Response ***** 2015-08-10T21:17:40.693Z Failure No product found for ProductListingDetails.<BrandMPN> <Unbranded, Does Not Apply>. No product found for ProductListingDetails.<BrandMPN> <Unbranded, Does Not Apply>. 21916689 Warning BrandMPN Unbranded, Does Not Apply RequestError The sales tax profile is not activated for this account. The sales tax profile is not activated for this account. 21916973 Warning RequestError Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side. Buyers love large photos that clearly show the item, so please upload high-resolution photos that are at least 500 pixels on the longest side. 21919137 Error http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NDUwWDQ1MA==/z/i0kAAOSwMmBVw40T/$_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007 RequestError Required item specific, Brand, is missing. Required item specific, Brand, is missing. Please add Brand and a corresponding value to the listing and retry the operation. 21919303 Error Required item specific, Brand, is missing. Required item specific, Brand, is missing. Please add Brand and a corresponding value to the listing and retry the operation. Brand RequestError Required item specific, MPN, is missing. Required item specific, MPN, is missing. Please add MPN and a corresponding value to the listing and retry the operation. 21919303 Error Required item specific, MPN, is missing. Required item specific, MPN, is missing. Please add MPN and a corresponding value to the listing and retry the operation. MPN RequestError Required field, UPC, is missing. Required field, UPC, is missing. Please add UPC to the listing and retry the operation. 21919301 Error Required field, UPC, is missing. Required field, UPC, is missing. Please add UPC to the listing and retry the operation. UPC RequestError 933 E933_UNI_API5_17626005_R1 This Program has successfully added about 300 different Items to eBay in the last 6 months. However now it fails with the new Catalog requirement.

4yourhomeus avatar image
0 Likes"
4yourhomeus answered ·
I am having the same problem with AddItem, AddFixedPriceItem and VerifyAddItem. Over the last 6 months my program has upload about 300 different Items to eBay that are not in the Catalog. According to the documentation 2. What is the definition of "branded product" from listing perspective ? From an input data standpoint, the three fields in question – Brand, MPN and GTIN – must be filled out wherever they are flagged as required, they cannot be left blank. If the seller is selling an unbranded product, they should explicitly specify “Unbranded” as the value for brand, and enter “Does not apply” for MPN and GTIN if their product doesn’t have those identifiers. I have valid GTINs and MPNs which are not found so I have used the recommended Unbranded and Does not apply as you can see in the following java code. ProductListingDetailsType product = new ProductListingDetailsType(); BrandMPNType brandMPN = new BrandMPNType(); brandMPN.setMPN("Does Not Apply"); brandMPN.setBrand("Unbranded"); product.setBrandMPN(brandMPN); product.setListIfNoProduct(true); product.setEAN("Does not apply"); product.setListIfNoProduct(Boolean.TRUE); newItem.setProductListingDetails(product); I have tried a number of variations of this and still get the response : com.ebay.sdk.ApiException: No product found for ProductListingDetails. .
· 1 · Share

Hi, Can you please log the request xml for us to take a look at? The entire rrequest xml will help us determine the issue. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 · ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Did the issue get resolved. If not. Can someone can provide a gist of the issue , so that I can take a look at it. Cheers!!!

prussianmotors avatar image
0 Likes"
prussianmotors answered ·
Wow, that was a convoluted one. My guess is that you should not have that problem when adding the information via Item Specifics vs Product Listing. We just added Brand & MPN to our listings and send them via Name/Value pairs under Item Specifics. Surprisingly I have not had any photo or MPN/Brand errors. I do not upload pictures either, but I have them supplied at the link addresses before submitting live listings. It seems like a lot of features don't work correctly in the Sandbox. You have to do live tests to really know if your stuff works. I know Compatibility doesn't totally work in Sandbox listing.

hartnollguitars1 avatar image
0 Likes"
hartnollguitars1 answered ·
It would seem that my problem has nothing to do with the new Product Identifiers mandate, but photos! I was running the application locally and uploading without photos (as they are not available locally) I *fully expected* a photo error response, but was also getting the EAN/Product not found error. I tried testing in a live environment with proper photos and it was successful. The error being returned is misleading. I assume that without user supplied photos, eBay will try to look for catalogue photos by EAN? Therefore my assumption is that photos MUST be provided when the EAN is submitted as "Does not apply" or the error returned will be both the photo error AND the EAN error, rather than a friendly "Please supply photos for items which are not in our catalogue" response message. But, perhaps photos can be excluded when an EAN is valid and the item can be found in eBay's database?

0 Likes"
The knowledge base article specifies in the FAQ section: "6. When required, are both the GTIN & Brand/MPN required, or do you have the choice of one or the other? Both are required. If there is no brand, then they can specify “unbranded” (it’s one of the values for brand) and if there is no MPN, specify “Does Not Apply”. This is returned in GeteBayDetails (see more details below in technical implementation section)" There is a lot of confusing verbage. such as this: "2. What is the definition of "branded product" from listing perspective ? From an input data standpoint, the three fields in question – Brand, MPN and GTIN – must be filled out wherever they are flagged as required, they cannot be left blank. If the seller is selling an unbranded product, they should explicitly specify “Unbranded” as the value for brand, and enter “Does not apply” for MPN and GTIN if their product doesn’t have those identifiers." My guess is that new listings of New or Refurb items must have one of these combinations of fields filled out: 1. Brand + MPN (be it UPC, EAN, ISBN, etc) OR 2. Brand + MPN + GTIN Please let us know what your listing tests yield.
· 2 · Share

The items I am trying at the moment are new. I've tried adding a `BrandMPN` object: `BrandMPN: { Brand: "Boss", MPN: "CS3" }` but I still get the same error. I've also tried adding Brand in item specifics: `{Name: "Brand", Value: "Boss"}` Still no good. I'll now try using the EAN as the Brand MPN, but I thought MPN was "**M**anufacturer's **P**art **N**umber"
0 Likes 0 · ·
Still the same problem, with MPN as an EAN or as the actual Manufacturer's Part Number. I simply cannot list!
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
This may seem like an obvious question, but since you can't list I'll throw it out there; are you uploading the Brand field as well? What is the condition(s) (used/new/refurb) of your listings? I will be integrating MPN into my listings this month on eBay motors. I sell almost 100% used parts, but eBay is asking for the part number anyway.
· 1 · Share

Thanks for your comment. I will try that, although it is not mentioned in the error response.
0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.