question

dirkparker avatar image
0 Likes"
dirkparker asked ·

How to get SKU of an item inserted via Web

Hi, I inserted some item in my eBay store using the web console and I set for them a custom label. I tried then to get the Item info using the Trading API, calling the GetItemCall and using as SKU the custom label: GetItemCall getItem = new GetItemCall(this._apiContext); getItem.setSKU(cusotmLabelValue); ItemType item = getItem.getItem(); The item is null. If I publish an Item in my store using the AddItem call, I see in the store the Item and the SKU into the Custom Label column and the code above works perfectly (the item is found). What do I doing wrong? Thanks in advance. Samuel
additem apiskugetitemcall
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi, In GetItem, SKU can only be used to retrieve the requester's own items, where the seller listed the item by using AddFixedPriceItem or RelistFixedPriceItem, and the seller set Item.InventoryTrackingMethod to SKU at the time the item was listed. Please refer to the [API doc][1] for the details for the same. Best Regards, [1]: http://developer.ebay.com/Devzone/XML/docs/Reference/eBay/GetItem.html#Request.SKU

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

miss.ymc avatar image
0 Likes"
miss.ymc answered ·
hi dirkparker: have you solved this problem。I get a same problem

dirkparker avatar image
0 Likes"
dirkparker answered ·
Hi, any news about this topic? Thanks, Samuel

dirkparker avatar image
0 Likes"
dirkparker answered ·
ItemID: 121641018170 If I execute GetItemCall getItem = new GetItemCall(this._apiContext); getItem.setSKU(m_SKU); try { ItemType item = getItem.getItem(); System.out.println("Item SKU: "+ item.getSKU() + " - Item id: "+ item.getItemID()); } catch (Exception e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block e.printStackTrace(); } where SKU: String m_SKU = "gelcor"; then I got an ApiException: com.ebay.sdk.ApiException: There is no active item matching the specified SKU. If I execute: GetItemCall getItem = new GetItemCall(this._apiContext); getItem.setItemID(m_ID); try { ItemType item = getItem.getItem(); System.out.println("Item SKU: "+ item.getSKU() + " - Item id: "+ item.getItemID()); } catch (Exception e) { // TODO Auto-generated catch block e.printStackTrace(); } where String m_ID = "121641018170"; the output is: Item SKU: gelcor - Item id: 121641018170 the the SKU is returned if calling get item using the id, but no item is found if searching with SKU. Regards

zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com avatar image
0 Likes"
zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com answered ·
Hi dirkparker, Can you send me an sample ItemID for which the problem is seen? Best Regards,

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.