question

tooled-upcom avatar image
0 Likes"
tooled-upcom asked

Listing Lifecycle

I can't find any definitive answers to what the steps should be when trying to keep an item active and updated. Obviously we start with an AddItem and then may call ReviseItem if qty / prices etc change. If we run out of stock (we sell through multiple channels) we issue EndItem. My main question is what to do if an item has a status of Completed - i.e. we have sold out on Ebay - do we Relist or have to Add a new one? If it has Ended we are OK to relist I presume? We've been getting issues with duplicate items I think because we have been trying to add items that might already be up there dormant.
additemreviseitemlifecycle
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

prussianmotors avatar image
0 Likes"
prussianmotors answered
If you upload the SKU field (your internal stock number), eBay will check for dups. If another listing has the same SKU the relist or Add will fail. This has come in very handy for us. It also keeps the same itemID when re-listing a multi-item listing that has run out of quantity. That is one advantage of relist vs Additem. There may be other search, etc. benefits to relist as well, IDK. I don't know what you mean exactly by "up there dormant".
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
1 Like"
shulmani_developer.support answered
Hi prussianmotors, Sorry for the late response. I have tried to answer your questions here: - If you want to keep the items as active even when the stock is 0, you can do so by setting the OutOfStockContorlPreference at your account level using SetUserPreferences API Call: http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/SetUserPreferences.html#Request.OutOfStockControlPreference. But this feature is only available for Fixed-Price GTC (Good 'Til Canceled) listings. - If you are tracking your inventory by SKU and have set the as SKU in your items, then you cannot use the same SKU on another item as long as the item with that SKU is active. But if the InventoryTrackingMethod is not SKU, then the SKU can be used on multiple items. Do let us know if you have further questions. Cheers!!
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.