question

bsfrance avatar image
0 Likes"
bsfrance asked ·

Client Alerts GetUserAlerts SetNotificationPreferences not working, client AND mail

@ zhuowei.developersupport@ebay.com Hi Fellows, i cant get any alert nor notifications, calls are OK, ACKs are OK, responses are OK. Just no alerts received at all. Its the same with GetUserAlerts (only ack ok and timestamp) when set as client, and with a valid working email when i set platform + email, i just dont receive anything. Multiple alerts have been subscribed, of course many of these should have been triggered multiple times. After implementing the IMAP client in my app i am nos surethere is something wrong as no email alerts have been sent at all. Alerts and notifications currently just dont work on my account for some reasons. I had a check on the developer dashboard, i can see my calls for setting and getting preferences, they are OK. Could some team member have a check? here are some order IDs 281472673526-1385403931018 281569191519-1385385802018 271648655049-1487337885017 below are some SOAP logs. I took care to : appPref.setDeviceType(DeviceTypeCodeType.CLIENT_ALERTS); and appPref.setAlertEnable(EnableCodeType.ENABLE); appPref.setApplicationEnable(EnableCodeType.ENABLE); call.setApplicationDeliveryPreferences(appPref); Finally here are the soap messages, i cant see anything wrong here, what am i missing? first setting prefs: ReturnAll ItemReturnAttributes ItemReturnDescription 897 Enable Enable ClientAlerts 897 ItemSold Enable ItemAddedToWatchList Enable ItemRevised Enable AccountSummary Enable ack 2015-06-03T00:14:41.619Z Success 909 E909_INTL_APINOTIFY_17400025_R1 getting app prefs: 2015-06-03T00:14:41.977Z Success 909 E909_INTL_APINOTIFY_17400025_R1 Enable Enable eBLSchemaSOAP ClientAlerts JSON 909 getting user prefs: 2015-06-03T00:14:42.397Z Success 909 E909_INTL_APINOTIFY_17400025_R1 CheckoutBuyerRequestsTotal Enable Feedback Enable FixedPriceTransaction Enable BuyerResponseDispute Enable ItemRevised Enable AccountSummary Enable ItemSold Enable ItemAddedToWatchList Enable response from getting alerts (sessionData hidden): {"Timestamp":"2015-06-02T08:29:41.108Z","Ack":"Success","Build":"E847_CORE_APINOT_16496971_R1","Version":"847","SessionData":"*************************************************************************************************************************"} Any idea anyone? Could a support team member look into the problem? Is this Client Alert service even still working? i can provide anything needed to solve this issue, let me know. Thanks
platform notificationsclient alertsclient alerts alert not workingclient alert not working
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bsfrance avatar image
1 Like"
bsfrance answered ·
Hi, got everything working since a while, its your config that cause the issue, once you get it right it works

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bsfrance avatar image
0 Likes"
bsfrance answered ·
Just for you to know, before getting any further with these alerts : https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/17513/client-alerts-bug-many-client-alerts-arrive-garble.html#answer-17515 This occured a while ago, and after month of use. Of course eBay (dev team) never bothered to reply, check or take care of the problem

amardeechauha_8 avatar image
0 Likes"
amardeechauha_8 answered ·
Thanks for your immediate reply. My "setPreferenceNotification" request data is: en_US High Enable Enable ClientAlerts 989 FixedPriceTransaction Enable ItemListed Enable ItemSold Enable and "getUserAlerts" API Response is : { "Timestamp":"2017-02-02T12:35:02.590Z", "Ack":"Success", "Build":"E957_CORE_APINOT_17895657_R1", "Version":"957", "SessionData":"AQasAAAVn8HuQAAA1TSUQ9MTUzNHxTVD0xfDF8TEFDVFY9MTQ4NjAzODkwMjU5MHxFSFdNPTE4MjM5fFRJRFg9MnxMSVVQPTE0ODYwMzg5MDE5MTd8UExIUz1bXTNXF4Ck4L7v+e34MUTrIQuXqb6G" } I am going through the documentation again and again but not getting what have I missed. Before switching to ClientAlerts API, I was trying to get alerts on ApplicationURL by using Platform Notifications, but faced same problem. Please suggest..

amardeechauha_8 avatar image
0 Likes"
amardeechauha_8 answered ·
Hi, I am facing this same issue. Have you found any solution for this. I am running my app on staging and right now testing for sandbox APIs. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

bsfrance avatar image
0 Likes"
bsfrance answered ·
I am completing my request, first i found at least another case which is almost identical, here this user was at least receiving one of the alerts he subscribed, i am receiving none. https://forums.developer.ebay.com/questions/5604/notifications-not-received.html I also getting the same eBay error when calling GetNotificationsUsage. [INFO ] 2015-06-03 22:47:26,747 Request Message: Length=1 363 [INFO ] 2015-06-03 22:47:26,747 xxxx 921 [INFO ] 2015-06-03 22:49:29,480 Response Message: Length=437 [INFO ] 2015-06-03 22:49:29,487 soapenv:Server.userException org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file. So i have absolutely no chance to have more informations. For the sake of completeness here is my call to get alerts, SessionID and SessionData are properly encoded, i got valid ack, timestamp and sessionData but nothing else. private static void getAlerts(){ try { if(SessionID==null)login();//log at first call baseUrl=" http://clientalerts.ebay.com/ws/ecasvc/ClientAlerts?callname=GetUserAlerts"; + "&SessionID=" +URLEncoder.encode(SessionID, "UTF-8")+ "&SessionData="+URLEncoder.encode(SessionData, "UTF-8"); String json = JsonFromUrl(baseUrl); Gson gson = new Gson(); alerts = gson.fromJson(json, AlertsData .class); SessionData = alerts.SessionData; //Update SessionData for next call System.out.println("Ack "+alerts.Ack+" "+alerts.Timestamp); System.out.println("CAE "+alerts.ClientAlertEvent); System.out.println("ET "+alerts.EventType); System.out.println("SZ "+json.length()); System.out.println(); if(alerts.Ack.contains("Failure"))SessionID=null; //session expired, log on next call } catch (UnsupportedEncodingException ex) {ex.printStackTrace();} catch (Exception ex) {ex.printStackTrace();} } The Cleint Alerts issue is the second i point here, both quite critical, and i got no replies so far (by support). on my first topic a support member did offer to help after some time i accepted and he then disappeared. On this topic i will take no chances, here is my developper id HoelBidault please someone at the support contact me back. i should just get these alerts. The application is used daily in production, i pay quite a lot of fees to eBay each month as a seller, as a developper I also contribute to eBay business, and by pointing out an eBay API bug its more me helping ebay and offering of my time than the contrary. So could eBay have a little care of users who are contributing to the business? Just fix critical API bugs when they are notified and documented properly. These 2 bugs i point today are almost certainly eBay bugs, who would i pay 75USD just to open a ticket, why?

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.