question

russe.cashm avatar image
0 Likes"
russe.cashm asked ·

Invalid Consumer-ID

Hi all, I'm using the Python ebaySDK ( https://github.com/timotheus/ebaysdk-python) in an attempt to make calls to the merchandising api. I've generated application keys and can use them with the FindingAPI with no problem, but as soon as I'm attempting to use the Merch API I get the error message: Invalid CONSUMER-ID specified I've verified that the passed consumer-id is the app-id but it still reports that it is invalid. I'm using the following Python code to test: import ebaysdk from ebaysdk.merchandising import Connection as Merchandising from ebaysdk.exception import ConnectionError try: api = Merchandising(appid='MY-APP-ID-GOES-HERE',config_file=None) response = api.execute('getMostWatchedItems', {'maxResults': 10}) print(response.dict()) print(response.reply) except ConnectionError as e: print(e) print(e.response.dict()) I've tried with and without a YAML config file to no avail. I've also used the API Test Tool and it also reports the same error... Any pointers would be most welcome!
pythonmerchandising apimerchandisingconsumerconsumer-id
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

kurono_key avatar image
2 Likes"
kurono_key answered ·
Same here. Reproducible via API Test Tool. Headers: X-EBAY-SOA-OPERATION-NAME:getMostWatchedItems EBAY-SOA-CONSUMER-ID:$MyAPPID X-EBAY-SOA-REQUEST-DATA-FORMAT:XML X-EBAY-SOA-SERVICE-NAME:MerchandisingService XML POST: Response: Application Marketplace 9 Invalid CONSUMER-ID specified Error MarketplaceCommon
· 1 · Share

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem too.
1 Like 1 · ·
buschmann23 avatar image
1 Like"
buschmann23 answered ·
I have the same issue since a few days, in my app and in the API Test Tool too. If I use my sandbox keys in the sandbox, everything works fine. My AppID/Consumer-ID was working without any issues before.

oasis701 avatar image
0 Likes"
oasis701 answered ·
Your production key has to be used.

shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
hi, Can you please give us the exact request and response xml? This will help us look further into this issue. Cheers!!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.