question

heist_patri avatar image
0 Likes"
heist_patri asked

Am I allowed to display search results as scatterplot?

I may have to wait with the final clarification of this question until the support system is back online. However, maybe you can already help me to clarify this one: I am given to understand that it is not allowed to use the eBay API for the 'collection of statistical data'. If I use the Finding API to retrieve results for the search of an individual user, and then display this data not as a list but rather as a scatterplot (e.g. sorted after price and date) will this be an infringement of the terms and conditions? After all, the 'collected data' will be no different from the results that every user gets when using the standard ebay search engine. It will not be saved or analyzed by any kind of algorithm, save the one used to sort the data. The method of displaying the data however, would be one that is frequently used in statistics and although it would not allow the user to extract otherwise unattainable information from his search results, it would definitely allow him to compare prices at certain times faster than otherwise.,
finding-apianalyticsstatistics
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered
Sounds a-ok to me.
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.