question

bookaw avatar image
0 Likes"
bookaw asked ·

addSellerProfile returning success but does not work

See request and response attached. I've gone through the docs several times but cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong. After making the call and seeing the "success" response, I expect the new policies to appear on the Business Policies page in My eBay, but they do not. Thanks for your help!
business policiesbusiness policies management api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bookaw avatar image
0 Likes"
bookaw answered ·
In discussion, my ticket was solved mainly by setting "xmlns" property of the request to the correct value (" http://www.ebay.com/marketplace/selling/v1/services"). It would be nice if an error could be returned for this case, rather than a message which says "success" which is very confusing. Additionally, after experimenting i found that these fields are required in order to create a shipping policy profile, even though the documentation says that they are optional: "domesticShippingType" "shippingPolicyCurrency"
· 1 ·

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

it worked for me thanks. just one thing to add: if you managed to create new policy you will get not only success but the entire policy returned.
0 Likes 0 ·
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, Can you please give us your sellerID? We can check a few things. Cheers!!!
· 6 ·

The seller ID that we are testing on is "bookaw". Thanks!
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, Can you also tell me the SiteID where you tried creating these profiles? Also give me the headers that you used. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
bookaw avatar image bookaw shulmani_developer.support ♦♦ ·
My headers: X-Ebay-Soa-Security-Token: **omitted** X-Ebay-Soa-Global-Id: EBAY-US Connection: close Connect-Time: 1 User-Agent: python-requests/2.3.0 CPython/2.7.6 Linux/3.13.0-24-generic X-Ebay-Soa-Operation-Name: addSellerProfile Accept: */* Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate Endpoint: https://svcs.ebay.com/services/selling/v1/SellerProfilesManagementService The numerical Site ID does not appear anywhere in the request (though the globalid EBAY-US does). Is it supposed to?
0 Likes 0 ·
I see that you have filed a support ticket with us. We will respond and look into the issue via that ticket. Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
hi i have got the same problem. Please help. also when i make call on getting user policies - it returns all policies despite the filter i have placed (like profile id etc.) thanks
0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, We have not seen any issues related to GetSellerProfiles. We suggest that you use the latest WDL and also you can use the SOAP UI projects from GIT: https://github.com/eBayDeveloper/eBay_APICall_Request_Templates Cheers!!!
0 Likes 0 ·
watchplanetstore avatar image
1 Like"
watchplanetstore answered ·
hi i have got the same problem. Please help. also when i make call on getting user policies - it returns all policies despite the filter i have placed (like profile id etc.) thanks
·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.