question

eithcowich1 avatar image
0 Likes"
eithcowich1 asked

Finding product in a category

I need to find products in certain categories on Ebay. But when I use the tutorial code FindProductsRequestType request = new FindProductsRequestType(); request.setCategoryID("Antique"); request.setQueryKeywords("furniture"); I get the following error: QueryKeywords, CategoryID and ProductID cannot be used together. So how is this done? How do I get furniture listings in the Antique category?
categoriesproducts
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eithcowich1 avatar image
0 Likes"
eithcowich1 answered
So I get it that you can't mix QueryKeywords and Categories in the same request, but instead you can use a domain. So I'm guessing there should be a way to do something like request.setDomain("some domain"); But this does not compile in Java. Is there a workaround?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

eithcowich1 avatar image
0 Likes"
eithcowich1 answered
I gave up on the Java API and I'm doing direct rest. The categories are actually domains now, and my URL looks like this: String findProducts = " http://open.api.ebay.com/shopping?callname=FindProducts&responseencoding=XML&appid=" + APPID + "&siteid=0&version=525&" + "&AvailableItemsOnly=true" + "&QueryKeywords=" + keywords + "&MaxEntries=10" + "&DomainName=" + domainName; This sort of works, but still doesn't solve my problem. I need "Art", "Vintage" and similar domains, but nothing like this is listed on the API doc page here: http://developer.ebay.com/devzone/shopping/docs/callref/ProductDomains.html#US And by the way, really crappy support here. 7 people are listed as "following" this question but nobody bothers responding. Not cool.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.