question

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 asked ·

UUID Questions

The information is somewhat limited on the UUID option that the Trading API offers , so I thought I'd raise a few questions... 1. The documentation for UUID says "The UUID value must be unique across all item listings on all sites. " Is this across all listings for the given user, or across all users? In other words, do we have to worry about another seller using the same UUID as we want to use? 2. Are the UUID values "cleared"/reset/etc when a listing is ended? If so, is there any delay in this occurring? In other words, if a listing ends without a sale and we go to relist that item, will the same UUID be available again, or do we have to use a different one? Our end goal is to create a UUID for each item in our inventory system, and be able to use that UUID to ensure that the same SKU does not get listed twice, causing us to sell more of an item than we have. Can anyone shed some light on this?
additemreviseitemuuid
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
shulmani_developer.support avatar image
0 Likes"
shulmani_developer.support answered ·
Hi, The UUID should be unique per user and not all users. And once the item ends, the UUID should become available, I am not sure of any delay before which it becomes free. but it was always recommended to wait for sometime,, maybe 10 mins ( I am not sure of the exact times, this is just a recommendation) before you use it. Cheers!!!
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.