question

$$anonymous$$ avatar image
0 Likes"
$$anonymous$$ asked ·

Notifications do not come even I called SetNotificationPreferences and set valid ApplicationURL

Hi There,

I'm using probably the newest .NET SDK (735) and I've created a WebService from existing sample. The WS is visible from Internet and can be called from any browser without any issue. I also have set notification properties for almost every notification type (skipped None and CustomCode) and also have set the WebService url in ApplicationURL field.

I have tried to list items, bid, end listing but still I get no notifications. Also tried to change ApplicationURL to mailto://myemail@mycompany.pl but still no notifications.

No luck after reading the docs (again) so I'm running out of ideas.

Can anyone please help me understand what might be wrong?

Best regards,

10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I have been trying to access the Client Alerts portion of this API for WEEKS and am having the exact same issue... No event notifications! Trying to get an answer from anybody is impossible. Any help that eBay offers is just a regurgitation of the documentation. They want you to use these notifications to lighten the load on the Trading API servers, which makes perfect sense, and is why I continue to try getting them to work... but they are unwilling to assist you in any way when their API does not work. Love it... very professional. Daniel, I feel your pain... but just like eBay... or uh... x.com... or whoever the hell it is that we're dealing with hear... I cannot offer you a solution. The only difference is that I am in the same SINKING BOAT as you are!

Larry

0 Likes 0 · ·

Same boat here. GetNotificationPreferences  returns that my EndOfAuction, FixedPriceTransaction and ItemSold are all enabled but I'm not getting any hits on my notification listeners. No help from eBay staff either.

I guess we all have to fork up for paid support. It's only $75 bucks per hour.

0 Likes 0 · ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
machete.83 avatar image
0 Likes"
machete.83 answered ·

If you call getnotificationpreference, for application and user level, what do you get?

I'm using notification only with fixedpriceitemtransaction and it seems ok.

· 1 · Share
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, When I call GetNotificationPreferences for application role I get: Status = Enable, Delivery URL= my web servce URL (valid - works when I copy and paste it to any browser). Unfortunately I need to work with EndOfAcution which doesn't work (service isn't called). As for user role I see a list with events and every event is set to Enable.

0 Likes 0 · ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.