question

pmf123 avatar image
0 Likes"
pmf123 asked ·

getting numerous duplicate results using Finder API

I am using this URL to access results, what am i doing wrong... there are tons of dupes, but the correct number of results http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsByKeywords&SERVICE-VERSION=1.0.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=xxx&GLOBAL-ID=EBAY-US&keywords=keith+lemon&paginationInput.entriesPerPage=100&paginationInput.pageNumber=1
api-problem
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

helios825 avatar image
0 Likes"
helios825 answered ·
Have you tried the HideDuplicateItems filter? ⁢emFilter.name=HideDuplicateItems⁢emFilter.value=true In your example, it drops the total number of results substantially. Also, always good to use a current SERVICE-VERSION.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

pmf123 avatar image
0 Likes"
pmf123 answered ·
may have figured it out, didnt have filter on my second page query is there any reason ebay.com would list the bigger number?

pmf123 avatar image
0 Likes"
pmf123 answered ·
ok updated the SERVICE-VERSION to 1.13.0, added your filter... i get about 160 results, on page 2 itemID # 271514904392 is listed 15 times!! wish i could figure out what im doing wrong!

pmf123 avatar image
0 Likes"
pmf123 answered ·
Thanks for that i will give it a go... weird, even on the main ebay.com site it lists the same number of results 1800+ but theres only about 160 uniques... i started working from the sample code and thats where i got the SERVICE-VERSION code from, where is the latest listed? thanks again!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.