question

murlynz avatar image
0 Likes"
murlynz asked ·

ItemListed Notifications coming all at once

It seems that all the new items that are posted during the week for my client, all their notifications get dumped on them during the weekend. And all at once. It takes the server down each time since they post a lot of new product every single day. We get a trickle of notifications here and there during the week, but the above behavior is what we see usually. Is there any way to have these notifications come when the new product is created instead of queued up? (Im assuming this is what happens)
notificationsitem listingnotificationevent
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

murlynz avatar image
0 Likes"
murlynz answered ·
Hi @vijayta.developersupport, It didn't actually happen this weekend, so maybe the notifications were getting backed up on your server. It was production, not sandbox. The destination shouldn't have been marked down since it's on an Amazon cloud server and I didn't get any notifications saying there was an issue. If it happens again I will update this thread and Ill grab an item id for you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

vijayta.developersupport avatar image
0 Likes"
vijayta.developersupport answered ·
Hi @murlynz Is this happening in sandbox, or production ? Either, notification should be triggered when the new items are listed, and shouldn't be queued up like what you mentioned. In sandbox, due to some environment issues, I can guess it might have happened but that is not how it is usually supposed to work. the other reason that this might happen is if the destination url(App) was Marked down, and later marked up, then all the notifications that were in the queue will be delivered at once. If you are still facing this issue, please share an item-id. I will have to look into details to find out what exactly is going on here. Thanks

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.