question

bmsutherland avatar image
5 Likes"
bmsutherland asked ·

eBay Motors not returning Aspect Histogram

Can anyone explain why the call below used to return an Aspect Histogram but for the last month has not?? http://svcs.ebay.com/services/search/FindingService/v1?OPERATION-NAME=findItemsAdvanced&SERVICE-VERSION=1.13.0&SECURITY-APPNAME=⁡filiate.networkId=9⁡filiate.trackingId=&RESPONSE-DATA-FORMAT=XML&REST-PAYLOAD=true&outputSelector=AspectHistogram&categoryId=124125 Thanks in advance.
finditemsadvancedfinding apiebay motorsaspecthistogram
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

tony.developersupport avatar image
2 Likes"
tony.developersupport answered ·
Hi All, Sorry for the delay; fix for this issue is a bit involved. Just wanted to assure you that it is being worked on. Regards, eBay Developer Support.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

ajbrown0308 avatar image
1 Like"
ajbrown0308 answered ·
Hi @tony.developersupport, We certainly appreciate the fact that this is getting attention. However, it's been 9 months since the last response and still no indication of progress or expectation. "We know it's a problem" just isn't good enough at this point. I've personally sent emails to support and have even attempted to get an account executive. Nothing. Is this scheduled to be fixed this quarter? Next quarter? This year? When did the problem start? Is there a workaround?

1 Like"
bmsutherland answered ·
Wonderful. STILL no answer. Why do I even bother with eBay?
· 1 · Share

hi, have you found anything about it? any workaround?
0 Likes 0 · ·
ryanandmichell avatar image
0 Likes"
ryanandmichell answered ·
Any updates on this?

0 Likes"
bmsutherland answered ·
To all on this thread: I have COMPLETELY given up on eBay's affiliate program. They refuse to fix things they they themselves break and the response time is completely abysmal (see the date this thread was started). I swear they have reduced their affiliate API "development" to one dude in a basement somewhere. Whatever. I have been switching everything over to Amazon and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

jarechristense7 avatar image
0 Likes"
jarechristense7 answered ·
Has anyone heard anything about this? I can't even use the findItemsAdvanced API because I don't know what the aspect values are to filter on!

jorgneir0 avatar image
0 Likes"
jorgneir0 answered ·
It is still not working, any update on this?

ajbrown0308 avatar image
0 Likes"
ajbrown0308 answered ·
Any eBay response to this? @ developer-support@ebay.com?

ajbrown0308 avatar image
0 Likes"
ajbrown0308 answered ·
This is still not fixed.
· 1 · Share

I'll add that using getHistograms does not work either.
0 Likes 0 · ·
0 Likes"
bmsutherland answered ·
Ok eBay. Look at the date of the last reply for this thread. JUNE! REALLY?! This feature has worked all along and by the looks of it, you folks are just not fixing it? Is this not a necessary thing in your API? Are all 2 of you in the API group so swamped with "other stuff"? You guys HAVE to be losing affiliates doing stuff like this. Please! Can we get an update on this? Remember.... JUNE was the last reply!!

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.