question

collecthw avatar image
0 Likes"
collecthw asked

How to add ApplicationData values to items listed not through the API?

I'm using ApplicationData when listing items through the API. I want my application to be able to add this field to existing Items that were listed via the ebay website. What is the quickest, most efficient way to do this? Addtionally is there a way to achieve this through Revise Item on the website?
listing-items
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

collecthw avatar image
0 Likes"
collecthw answered
Anyone have a possible answer to this?
10 |600

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

davidtsadler avatar image
0 Likes"
davidtsadler answered
You may be able to set the [ApplicationData]( http://developer.ebay.com/DevZone/XML/docs/Reference/ebay/ReviseItem.html#Request.Item.ApplicationData) in the ReviseItem call. As long as you have a token from the seller of the item you can revise items with the API even though they was listed via eBay. As far as I know you can't set the field through the revise item in eBay. Which kind of makes sense as the field is for third parties using the API and not sellers listing through eBay.
10 |600

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.