question

sing_novin avatar image
0 Likes"
sing_novin asked ·

search API return the same results as when i'm searching on www.ebay.com

When I use the API, I don't see the same results when I used www.ebay.com if i'm using the same get parameters? Here is my query on the API:
finding-apisearch-api
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
geewizmac avatar image
0 Likes"
geewizmac answered ·
Yup. I've always gotten different results. I also get nonrepeatable results, especially on the website. E.g. I query for items within 100 miles of one location, within 100 miles of another location 50 miles away, and then within 300 miles of the first location... and items that are within 100 miles of location #2 (and therefore within 150 miles max of locaiton #1) don't show up in the third query. Etc. Essentially ebay search, especially on the website, is entirely unreliable. Can't help more, especially without more details (seems like you intended to put more info in your query but then did not?)
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.