question

njsmith49423 avatar image
0 Likes"
njsmith49423 asked ·

getUserCases date range being ignored?

I'm using the getUserCases call to get the list of currently open cases, using a creation date filter set to 88 days back from the current date (to give some "wiggle room" around the 90 day limitation that the API docs mention). However, a number of the downloaded cases show creation dates back in 2011. I've verified that this is the actual data that eBay is returning, and not some conversion error on my end. Any ideas?
getusercases
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

OK, I have an update on this one.....I was mixing up the case creation dates and the decision dates in my original post. This is what I'm seeing.... Case Creation Date: 2015-04-07 10:15:36 Decision Date: 2011-05-19 20:00:43 On top of the weird situation with the dates, getEBPCaseDetail is saying the "decision" was that we never responded to the case, even though it was just opened yesterday! Any ideas?
0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

· Write an Answer
prussianmotors avatar image
0 Likes"
prussianmotors answered ·
I don't have an answer, but I like how eBay has the Decision date set to 2011, 4 years before the case creation date.
· 2 ·
10 |600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yeah, I'm not real sure what's going on there.....in my opinion, the Case Management/Resolution center/Returns APIs in their current form are all but useless, because of the amount of junk data they seem to be returning. I've heard from a reliable source that there's a replacement in the works, but the "scheduled public release" for this new API was the end of last year, so I'm not sure what the current status on that is.
0 Likes 0 ·
Some things are much easier to do manually through eBay's site at this point. Returns and cases are still in that realm unfortunately. But it would be nice to at least be able to download reliable DATA on cases and returns, even if you can't update them from your software.
0 Likes 0 ·

Write an Answer

Hint: Notify or tag a user in this post by typing @username.